Declaring Who's Shooting Out of a Transport

Aidoneus

Let's say you have a unit of Guard in a Chimera (this is the example just because it's how the question came up in a game I just played. I was playing Chaos, so the question should be board-appropriate). He had one guy in his squad with a 6" range hotshot laspistol, and then some 12" range plasma and las guns. Obviously the first step is to declare that the squad is shooting at my unit. After that though, do you measure range, then shoot with whatever guns are in range, or do you first declare what 5 models are trying to shoot, and measure to see if they're in range?

Normally I know you measure and then shoot with whoever's in range. But that's when everyone in the squad is allowed to shoot. From inside a tank only so many guys can shoot. So the thought is that only 5 guys get into firing position, only to find out that 1 is out of range.

Check the bottom of pg 16. The last two sentences are pretty clear about what order to declare who is shooting and measuring range.

:P

If you still need explaining let me know.

Going by the Shooting Phase rules you check for LOS and target: second you measure range Then you declare which models are firing.

That seems wrong to me but ,thats the way it is .

no. Follow mordikeins advice, its good.

Agreed- since the last paragraph specificly states you must declare any models not firing before you check range, thus you must choose whos firing with what before you pull out the tape.

Archived