Soul Drinkers

Lestat

After looking at the Blood Angel bitz, I decided to have a go at kitbashing a Soul Drinker. I decided to model him pre-split from the Imperium.

The Marine is still very WIP at the moment. I think the bone and purple have turned out nicely - still not 100% finished though. What I am undecided on is what colour to do the details like the purity seals and whether to paint the other knee pad or not.

gallery_36289_5052_138528.jpg

gallery_36289_5052_949255.jpg

gallery_36289_5052_4406291.jpg

The pics are a little blurry - but i think you get the general idea.

Any C&C is most welcome.

When in doubt:

- gun casing black

- seals red

- bases brown with grass

- handles brown

It's how I work :P Like the tone of purple and bone. One kneepad painted is fine :)

Although you can't see it that well in the pic's, the handle of the axe is actually brown. I am a little hesitant on using red with purple - got a feeling it might clash. I agree with the gun casing should be black - keeps it nice and simple.

Great looking Soul Drinker! That purple is very rich and excellently painted, and the face looks very intimidating.

For the purity seals, I would suggest a nice dark emerald green for the wax stamp. I think it would offset the purple of the armor well.

Great looking Soul Drinker! That purple is very rich and excellently painted, and the face looks very intimidating.

For the purity seals, I would suggest a nice dark emerald green for the wax stamp. I think it would offset the purple of the armor well.

The head is actually the bare one from the Chaos terminator Lord box - love this one because it feels a bit more arcane. I've gone green with the seals - I'll post some (hopefully beter) pics up later.

Not a painter but gotta say I do like the idea of using BA bits to make Soul drinkers. The iconography and the ornatness fits

Thats exactly it - the chalice icons just seemed to fit the Soul Drinkers and so I built this as a test piece to see how it turned out.

Archived