Word Bearer DPs

I was wondering what happens to an Apostle once he acends to daemonhood. Do they leave their companies? Keep their companies? Do their roles change at all? I'd think that they keep on leading their companies and either retain the Apostle rank (or role) or become even more aloof and apoint a new one. Are there any other known Word Bearer DPs other than Lorgar?

I would imagine they would use their even greater power to lead their loyal warbands on a path of destruction. Afterall they are still a very organized fighting force. Surely a marine that has spent so much time, blood, and sweat dedicating himself to the cause of Chaos would simply not up and walk away from his tools to victory.

Musings anyway...

I imagine, as with most Daemon Princes, it varies depending on their own whims and natures and those of the Chaos Gods. Pure speculation of course, but I like to think that they are entered into a special pantheon, become another in the near infinite litany of immortal princes and demi gods that the Word Bearers regard Chaos itself as and worship. It's probably a moment of immense import for the Word Bearers when one of their members "ascends" to the status of Daemonhood, involving all manner of ritual celebration, demonstrations of piety, sacrficies, monument building etc etc.

Archived