Psychic Powers Querie

matchbox

I was just wondering if it was possible to use two psychic powers in the same phase if you for example purchase the Epistolary Upgrade for Space Marines? Or are you still limited to one per phase? The rules are un specific about this.

Cheers

They are very clear actually,

BRB page 50:

Psykers can use one psychic power per player turn. To use a psychic power successfully the psyker must pass a Psychic test, which is a normal Leadership test.

Unless the psyker has a special rule that exempts him from this (e.g. Mark of Tzeentch), or as in your case - an epistolary upgrade, he can only use one per player turn.

Short answer: Epistolaries can use two powers per turn, C:SM page 57, top left corner.

Edit: spelling.

That didn't answer my question. If for example you have 2 shootings powers. Can you use them both in the same turn or is it only one per turn phase i.e Movement, shooting and Combat?

only one shooting attack by a model, regardless of type. So even though the epilostary could cast two powers, only one can be a shooting attack. The only time this sin't the case is if the model has a special rule allowing him to shoot twice ina turn (monstrous creatures for instance can shoot two weapons iirc).

The powers you cast can be in any phase, in ether players turn. So you could cast a shooting attack and a non shooting attack in the same shooting phase. Or you could cast a combat power and use your force weapon in the same turn.

That didn't answer my question. If for example you have 2 shootings powers. Can you use them both in the same turn or is it only one per turn phase i.e Movement, shooting and Combat?
It did answer your question and you didn't specify that it was shooting attacks. :rolleyes:

Well no it didn't. I asked about the same phase not the same turn. I checked the codexes and I KNOW you can do two a turn. I was asking if you can do two a PHASE.

You can do do Combat, two movement, or two DURING the shooting, as long as both don't count as shooting (say Lash of Slanesh (doesn't count) and a shooting attack)

Well no it didn't. I asked about the same phase not the same turn. I checked the codexes and I KNOW you can do two a turn. I was asking if you can do two a PHASE.

yup you can do as many powers as you are allowed (default 1) per player turn and they can be distributed anyway you like in any phase unless the psychic power specifies otherwise or it counts as a shooting attack in which case it must also follow the shooting rules... AKA most people can only shoot once which means if you use a psychic shooting attack you cannot fire your pistol. So if you are allowed to cast two powers and you have two that can be used in the assault phase you might be able to use 4 powers over a single game turn if you are in combat for both players turns.

yup you can do as many powers as you are allowed (default 1) per player turn and they can be distributed anyway you like in any phase unless the psychic power specifies otherwise or it counts as a shooting attack in which case it must also follow the shooting rules... AKA most people can only shoot once which means if you use a psychic shooting attack you cannot fire your pistol. So if you are allowed to cast two powers and you have two that can be used in the assault phase you might be able to use 4 powers over a single game turn if you are in combat for both players turns.

cool thank you. That's what I was asking.

There is no restriction on phase.

There IS a restriction on shooting attacks thats rather plainly stated in the rules.

Archived