Berserkers:Blood and Sand

Well, you've done really well with re-posing the (no longer) supplicating model, he's got that real 'head-long' charge motion that I love about Marines.

Excellent Mikey, well done mate. i'm sure you'll paint em up well too!

One minor point... when I got you those Dire Avangers they were supposed to become Warp Spiders, not mince meat! Still, Space Fairies deserve what that guys about to give him!

Khârn appreciates your back up!

Wonderfully brutal and savage, appropriate for such large and imposing worshippers of Khorne! I love these, and these are alot better than the current models. btw, truescale marines ftw!

These guys are, to me, the perfect embodiment of everything that is awesome about 40k. The only way they could be better is if they had flamethrowers bolted on to their chainaxes. :P

really like these - make me think of the gangs and bosses in fist of the north star (showing my age a bit here)

Me too! :)

Those are some VERY cool Bersekers, I'm curious though, where'd you get the chain bitz for the guy who's about to execute the eldar?

And if you don't mind, I may have to stealz some ideas from this thread.... >.>

Those are some VERY cool Bersekers, I'm curious though, where'd you get the chain bitz for the guy who's about to execute the eldar?

And if you don't mind, I may have to stealz some ideas from this thread.... >.>

steal away, its what this forum is about isnt it? also the chain bits were from WFB chaos marauder sprue i think, it was a doulble handed weapon with either some hooks or spikey balls on! chop chop and there you go - poor helpless eldar at your feet!

Very impressed with these models, glad you re-did 'supplication dood', remade him into 'i'm gonna bodycheck you' (maybe a spiked shoulderpad?)

and i have to applaud the guy gutting the dire avenger

am assuming very tanned skin???

(in homage to spartacusses wife, are you getting Dark eldar slave girls?)

i think the slave girls may happen, maybe even a small quater of an arena for them to stand with some dead guys lingering around! what do you reckon- or am i getting carried away?

Very impressed with these models, glad you re-did 'supplication dood', remade him into 'i'm gonna bodycheck you' (maybe a spiked shoulderpad?)

and i have to applaud the guy gutting the dire avenger

am assuming very tanned skin???

(in homage to spartacusses wife, are you getting Dark eldar slave girls?)

i think the slave girls may happen, maybe even a small quater of an arena for them to stand with some dead guys lingering around! what do you reckon- or am i getting carried away?

i would say yes to the bodies - maybe just a pile of skulls by an alter, a pile of 'spare' armour and weapons and some cooked meats.... you see the chaos gods aren't into wasting resources - if you read dark apostle, they feed the dead to the living, and even use the dead as mortar for thier walls...

Every single one of these minis is made of pure win.

This.

Mind if I Steal blatantly? I love those Ork Components! Marvellous work! Each one of them looks like an Independent Character!

I absolutely love the Eldar-Slaying Miniature! How tricky was it to do? (You can sense more Stealing right around the Corner already, can't you?)

Hi people!

once again thanks for the awesome comments. Just to let you know where we are with these guys-i got me some chaos back packs, Gratis!!! courtesy of geordie09, cheers buddy. nothing too special done with them, two i left as is and the remaining two i only converted slightly - not worthy of picture update though. they are now base coated black and im deliberating over what colours to use- obviously red but i want a real deep dark red. in response to Termies R Us they are going to stay on the 25mm bases as they are only truescale and not termies, this also helps to over emphasise the ma-hoo-sive ness of these dudes i feel.

if anybody has got some good recipes for a nice dark red please let me know! ( ive got a feeling scab red's and red gores are going to be the way, but just incase).

cheers again!

Hi everyone,

sorry for the lack of progress but ive been waiting to get some brand spanking new paints and time to paint! always waiting for time to paint, but hey were there! so the new paints i got were- mechrite red, red gore, tin bits and baal red all for the boys that want kill, maim and burn!

so far ive only managed the main armour parts - so just red bits so far. im a little disapointed at the moment to be honest, ive never used the foundation paints before and heard they are supposed to be awesome. it didnt work out quite that good- the mechrite was really runny so needed a bit more playing with than normal then ended up drying quite glossy! is it supposed to do that??? anyhow i decided to actually paint up to the highlights as apposed to drybrushing which i normally do so i had to get used to that technique too- sounds odd but after a while of not painting like that it takes a bit to get back into the slight nuances of it. im not overly happy with the end result but maybe its all going to pull together when all the rest gets painted up. here you go let me know what you think-

gallery_41292_5053_1268436.jpg

gallery_41292_5053_322910.jpg

gallery_41292_5053_996970.jpg

since looking at these on the comp ive noticed a fair few bits i need to go over/redo/reshade but i think i might need to go a bit darker, another coat of baal red wash?? C &C's please.

thanks for the replies people and ta again for looking.

I gotta hand it to you, when I read your part lists I didn't think you could pull it off without making them look half-baked. I am really impressed with these though, especially the dude that's about to buzzsaw that sissy Eldar in half. Great job pulling it all together. World Eaters have always been my favorite Legion, and it's great to see a new interpretation of them.

You're being far to hard on yourself Mikeey, I think the red looks pretty cool from the pictures... I told you that Mechrite looked off though! As a unit they look hardcore too mate so try not to do yourself down too much!

What did you think to the Pink Marines?

They are looking good so far. The conversions are fantastic and very characterful. I agree that you should blend up the armor instead of dry brushing it. You will be happier with the results in the end.

well thanks for the love people! i dont want to prattle for too long on this one cause ill let them speak for themselves. theres a couple of touch ups i need to do (cables), and the bases but ill do them tonight, other than that i think i may be done! here you go hope you like-

gallery_41292_5053_299084.jpg

gallery_41292_5053_1546714.jpg

gallery_41292_5053_956286.jpg

gallery_41292_5053_540723.jpg

gallery_41292_5053_1149375.jpg

gallery_41292_5053_463397.jpg

gallery_41292_5053_1902252.jpg

so i hope they fit in with khornes plans and create some mayhem! C&C's please. ta for looking!

Archived