Berserkers:Blood and Sand

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people, thanks again for the comments. I take it that people werent big fans of the current hooves, but that was what i was asking for so ta for the constructive crit. so i finally had some time to try and sort out the puny hooves and here is the result-

gallery_41292_5053_496042.jpg

and a close up of one of them-

gallery_41292_5053_1050015.jpg

so tried to give them some more grunt and and realistic effect and put some feathers (thinks that what they call them- hairy bits around the top of the hoof) on and yeah, that'll be about it.

so any crit would be good before i stick some base coat on. ta for looking!

Hello sar mikael

You'r Zerkers are amazing! The conversionwork and moddeling has paid off because I really get a sense of movement. And the painting is on par so :P

The new hooves are definatly better then before and are better proportioned. If you take a look at a Bloodthirster model you can see that hooves don't have to be extremly big.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Vandael

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

Can anyone please tell me why I challenged him? I recon it was coz my wulfen came out quite well, still "the games a foot" as thay say or should it be a hoof in your case?

My Angron is going to be pre fall like a Great Roman Gladiator Champion of old with AXES (I thought he always used Axes Chained to his fists.) :P

I will post pics at bit later so far he has arm legs just a sar mike but not put together yet and I wont need to worry about his feet as he will have good old fasioned space marine moon boots.

Still we shall see, you have a moral victory on me mate as i have failed to make it anywhere near our finish date.

The Berzerkers are perfect. THe fella with the buzzsaw which has drawn so much accolade nearly made me scream "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

As for the demon prince and his fancy feet, the problem I see is not so much in the hooves, but the calves. I believe the term I am looking for is digitigrade, but basically the problem is that those big, beefy legs end suddenly in tiny little hooves with a lowered ankle joint. Instead, the ankle joint could be higher, and the armor covers up what should be a fairly narrow lower leg, which hurts the overall proportions of the model.

Just my 2 cents, absolutely awesome work asides.

hi one and all. before i get started for those of you who asked, here is the pic of sevrin loth:-

gallery_41292_5053_107034.jpg

so concerning angron- well thanks for the crits, it has really helped the model to be improved i think. in response to Firepower, yes you are completely right- the massive armour then skinny ankles is the problem. however without being a green stuff wizard i couldnt see how to fatten that part up so they have stayed as they currently are and paint has gone on. hopefully a small detail which when finished will go unnoticed. so modelling wise done.

he has now got a black undercoat and ive tried 2 types of skin colouring and i wanted to try something different for the armour. so my thoughts were pre heresy world eater armour- blue shoulders white for the rest but of course chaos has/is taking over so the black of chaos will be trying to obscure the original colours and of course the trimmings will be the bronze of khorne and the burnt/ etched in marks of chaos will be aglow with deamonic force! bad idea good idea? any how here are the pics-

gallery_41292_5053_1603669.jpg

gallery_41292_5053_350805.jpg

so what do you guys reckon? traditional red skin (sword arm and half face) or the more pallid skin tone (free hand). now the armour only has the blocked out main colours but do you think it could work?

your help would be awesome. if not ta for looking in anyhow!

Great looking berserkers you got here :huh:

For Angron i would go with the preheresy armor (cool idea btw) and instead of having being taken over by black have it really bloodspattered like it's becoming the red of the newer worldeaters.

My two cents ^^

Great looking berserkers you got here :)

For Angron i would go with the preheresy armor (cool idea btw) and instead of having being taken over by black have it really bloodspattered like it's becoming the red of the newer worldeaters.

My two cents ^^

i'm sure way back when, thats the explaination as to why bezerkers were red (when they were dark red, like scabs) dunno if they are keeping it the same (made my iron warrior bezerkers easy to paint - iron warriors with plenty 'o' gore on them)

That big scary looking dude looks like a cross between a brute and predator. Also, he's on his dainty toes. :P

Hey, being a bloody fratricidal maniac daemon monster is no reason not to walk quietly in the Librarium!

I love these Berserkers. Excellent poses. I know the Buzzsaw guy has received heaps of praise, and I'll just add to your hoard.

• 1 month later...

hi one and all!

normish & zeller- very true, very funny! haha. oh well some sand will lessen the effect.

so here is an update of angron. he didnt go quite as planned and still very WIP!!! i know stuff is still to be painted but the majority is done but it wasn't going quite as planned- i dont know , i wasn't in the painting "zone" as such but let me know what you guys reckon.

gallery_41292_5053_112609.jpg

gallery_41292_5053_1621619.jpg

gallery_41292_5053_1212870.jpg

now i know i said i like the pre heresy colours but i dont know if i should go all AC/DC on his armour (back in black). some feed back would be cool ta. thanks for taking a peek.

Everything is awesome, except the G-string Daemon Prince. The model and the conversion work is great, but the thong doesn't look right.

"Coming this spring, the 'Khorne's Secret' swimsuit edition."

Everything is awesome, except the G-string Daemon Prince. The model and the conversion work is great, but the thong doesn't look right.

"Coming this spring, the 'Khorne's Secret' swimsuit edition."

- 5 on leadership rolls xD

Archived