Chaos Sisters of Battle

Terenak

Okay, I want to convert a bunch of Sisters of Battle to Chaos, mostly because I like, well I guess the fluff, though that really shouldn't matter if I'm converting them to chaos.

Anyways when I first thought about it I wanted to make them Slaanesh because it would make sense that a bunch of space nuns would get tired of all the rules and want to try out all kinds of new sensations. But I had read somewhere, long time ago, that most people convert them to Slaanesh and just mold naked breasts and stuff like that, and I have no intention of doing something like that, I started to think that I should make them Khornate, but then I imagined that a bunch of Chaos Sororitas Singing hymns to their Ruinous Power would be intimidating, and Slaanesh is really the only one that would work for (Noise Marines) What I'm wanting to know is if I should stick with the slaanesh idea and all haters be damned or if I should go for a different god, or perhaps just Chaos Undivided.

So here's your chance to convert me to your god, I will take all arguments into consideration as I think about it, as it will probably take me a while to actually get enough Sororitas to field an army, especially since I'm still working on my Necrons, but I wanted to get this out here while the idea was still fresh in my mind.

*Insert obligatory fluff-rant about how Chaos SoB do not exist here*

I would say Slaanesh is fine as long as you don't go down the road of making them drivel material (which it sounds like you're not planning to do anyway); too many people make the mistake of thinking that Slaanesh is about nothing more than sex.

Personally, I think going Undivided sounds like a good idea; one would think that they would find a fair bit of common ground with the Word Bearers. Both used to be among the most fanatical servants of the Emperor, and then transferred their loyalty to the Dark Gods. One would think that, given that the two groups had taken a similar path from loyalty to Chaos, they might end up deciding to stick together. Maybe you could even paint their armor in Word Bearers colors, and have them be closely associated with that legion.

I really like the above idea of the Undivided like Wordbearers. Would make for a good looking army and the colors work well with the Sisters models already. In addition you could still use most of the stuff that comes on their vehicle sprues, to represent them taking the word to the ears of the masses.

Wordbearers sisters, All Praises.

Gub

you mean something like this for the color scheme?

http://bolterandchainsword.com/ss.php?bpe=...;bg=FFFFFF&

oh and I forgot to say that I really like the idea of not having to do a ton of conversions, and the whole singing the praises of the Ruinous powers, though it'd probably get confusing if they were facing an actual SoB company with all the combatants singing lol. but 'eh, that's just fluff no impact on the game.

second edit - Just thought of this, would I use chaos rules, SoB rules or would I mix and match? or adapt the SoB rules for chaos but all the stats are the same?

I really like the above idea of the Undivided like Wordbearers. Would make for a good looking army and the colors work well with the Sisters models already. In addition you could still use most of the stuff that comes on their vehicle sprues, to represent them taking the word to the ears of the masses.

Wordbearers sisters, All Praises.

Gub

Exactly my line of thought.

Whipped up a quick color scheme with the B&C painter, and I have to say the Word Bearers colors look pretty good on them. Wasn't sure about the robes, but since black seem to be the color of choice for Word Bearer capes and other bits that seemed like the best choice for the robes.

sisterbeta.php?bpe=AA3337&bpj=D4D4D4&bp=AA3337&bpc=D4D4D4&hdt=AA3337&hdm=D4D4D4&hdl=AA3337&ey=FF0000&er=D4D4D4π=D4D4D4&reb=D4D4D4&nk=AA3337&ch=AA3337&abs=AA3337&bt=FFFFFF&is=FFFFFF&sk=191919&ull=AA3337&lk=D4D4D4&lll=AA3337&lft=AA3337&url=AA3337&rk=D4D4D4&flk=D4D4D4&lrl=AA3337&rft=AA3337&slt=D4D4D4&sli=AA3337&fs=D4D4D4&srt=D4D4D4&sri=AA3337&iss=D4D4D4&slv=191919&ula=AA3337&lla=AA3337&lh=AA3337&ura=AA3337&rla=AA3337&rh=AA3337&ri=D4D4D4&tr=D4D4D4&gr=D4D4D4&rb=D4D4D4&bg=FFFFFF&

Edit: Just saw Terenak's proposed color scheme; IMO, the pink and purple doesn't really work. You probably wouldn't need to do much in the way of conversion beyond adding a few obligatory spiky bits.

In all honesty I was trying to base it off of something that probably wasn't an actual word bearer, but I really like your idea and will probably use it. And yes the obligatory Spiky bits is a must as well as the chaos symbols where I can.

The undivided/word bearer idea is a good one.

Make them mad, evil and completely fanatical. I love the idea of a band of sisters joining the WB in their never ending quest to liberate humanity from the yoke of the false emperor :angry:

The flagellant set from WHFB has some really cool WBesque items. this includes heaps of parchment scrolls and fire braziers.

The plague monk set also has some useful scroll pieces.

I really think undivided is the way to go but some Slaanesh sisters would be classic.

cool, yeah I read about that somewhere.

Anyways I just thought of a name for these 'heretical' sisters.

Order of the Unholy Choir.

Edit - wait that wont work ignore that name. let me think of another. my sisters would think themselves as Holy not Unholy.

I thought it fit with the Word Bearers theme of being preachers and stuff, and really went well with my ideas, but that's really all I have for fluff except probably splintering from one of the Order Militants thus the non-conventional name.

And I still don't know what rules I need to use. But I have time, of course, I think I'll do all the fluff and stuff before I actually need to worry about the rules.

Oh look, its THIS thread again.

I miss Corpse and his OC.

anyways, I wouldn't necessarily add the 'obligatory' spiky bits, especially as slaanesh. I keep my slaanesh and nurgle stuff relatively free of spikes and I like that look a lot (free of rot, tentacles and leather is a different story however). I'd really like to see you get a good 850 pts list up and running as I've never seen anyone do much more than a squad off this idea but the idea is tossed around often (though I do have the feeling that whenever it comes up in the witch hunters section that the original poster is trolling).

well I've got so far of the end result.

"Taking heavy inspiration from the Word Bearers who were most alike in philosophy pre-heresy to these particular sisters, now calling themselves the Order of the Black Choir. They worship Chaos Undivided and their choirs sing the praises of the Ruinous powers as they march into battle, differentiating from the Word Bearers in that they prefer to beat their faith of the Four into the Skulls of their adversaries more than converting whole worlds at a time."

I've never actually read up on alot of WB Fluff so let me know if they aren't the same as pre-heresy with converting millions at a time.

I might make a Slaanesh Excorcist just for fun and have instead of the big organs a stage with a rock band made out of chaos sisters.

As far as Word Bearers fluff goes (pre-heresy) they thought of the (False) Emperor as a god, and they wanted to share there believes with the worlds the hard way. Not killing them for not believing, but more 'You are ignorant fools, you know nothing! Now, you will write down a million times 'I love the Emperor as a god', and you will mean evry letter of it.

Emperor got mad, didn't want to be called a god yet, said WB were to fanatic, and didn't capture enough world (counting a million sentences and seeing if spelling is correct takes time)

WB got pissed of by lack of faith the emperor was giving them, and said 'well, if you don't care, we'll find someone who will. Did I just see a Dark God?'

Don't know if they were the first Legion to turn to Chaos, but atleast the heresy novels point out that they did before Luna Wolves (Black Legion) so before Horus

So to be short, they are pretty fanatic in their faith (hense dark apostles) even before the heresy, but now it's more brutal. Faith or Death!

I think that in word bearers link fits nicely. I had actually linked the word bearers into my loyalist sisters: Pre-heresy they took the Emperor as a god and were banished from imperial space but a WB contingent was sent to protect them (as they shared the same morals/beliefs.) Then when the WBs turned they found out and escaped. They attempted to intercept some of the forces on the way to Isstvan to prove their devotion but arrived too late and have spent the last millennium trying to atone for it.

Also you would assume that the WBs did turn first as the WB chaplain Erebus was the one who corrupted horus in the first place.

well, if IIRC the Adeptus Sororitas was formed a while after the Emperor was put on the throne permanently, therefore your loyalist sisters wouldn't have been SoB Pre-Heresy, though they could have been something just like them and formed a SoB order when the Adeptus Sororitas was formed, just letting you know so that, if I'm right, no one will call you out on it.

Pffffft - Slaanesh!?!

What you want is KHORNE!

Think about it: the righteous fury for battle against the unclean - the irritation and angst brought on by the rules and regulations imposed upon them by lesser *males* - the cowtowing to religious figures who pass judgement upon warriors - the constant hypocritical judgements of those who would right your wrongs and rule your life. A sister who falls would fall hard - and when she does it would not be in a fog of self indulgence, but in a blinding rage against the outside world that would cage her.

Sisters are merciless in their pursuits, strong in their convictions, and entirely willing to give up their lives for their beliefs. Now, take those attributes, and reverse them on the Imperium of Man - what God calls to them?

Slaanesh? With his decadence and excess? No - why would they seek indulgence when they would rather bring war upon those fat lords of the Imperium who live lives of wealth brought on by the toil and sweat of warriors like the Sisters themselves?

Tzeentch? Sorcery is hated to them even in their darkest hours, and they find no kinship with those who would plot and twist the new world order. Strength comes from battle, not from becoming that which you despise.

Nurgle? They do not wish the slow decay and of the corrupt - they wish to cast it down in flames! Nurgle offers complacency, not the vengeance they seek.

We come then to Khorne, the Blood God, who will take their fighting spirit and redouble their fury to use as a weapon against the former masters who held them in chains. Khorne rewards them for their ruthlessness and brutality in punishing those who wronged them. Khorne welcomes them both in death and in life. Khorne gives them the power to tear out the corruption of the Imperium at its very roots by turtning its cities into flaming pires awash with corpses and rivers of blood.

Swear your oath to the Blood God! Embrace the rage that lurks within a Sister's heart!

Slaanesh? With his decadence and excess?
It's not necessarily those vices that ensare Slaanesh's attention; the pursuit of perfection (in whatever sport or calling, etc) is what corrupted the sisters in Daemonifuge, for example.

Khorne would be pretty good though. I can see them going rawr smash!

well, if IIRC the Adeptus Sororitas was formed a while after the Emperor was put on the throne permanently...

Indeed, you do remember correctly; the SoBs were formed after the Age of Apostasy, out of the "Daughters of the Emperor" who had been an all-female religious order on some far-flung planet, then the personal guards/harem for Vandire.

Pffffft - Slaanesh!?!

What you want is KHORNE!

Think about it: the righteous fury for battle against the unclean - the irritation and angst brought on by the rules and regulations imposed upon them by lesser *males* - the cowtowing to religious figures who pass judgement upon warriors - the constant hypocritical judgements of those who would right your wrongs and rule your life. A sister who falls would fall hard - and when she does it would not be in a fog of self indulgence, but in a blinding rage against the outside world that would cage her.

Sisters are merciless in their pursuits, strong in their convictions, and entirely willing to give up their lives for their beliefs. Now, take those attributes, and reverse them on the Imperium of Man - what God calls to them?

Slaanesh? With his decadence and excess? No - why would they seek indulgence when they would rather bring war upon those fat lords of the Imperium who live lives of wealth brought on by the toil and sweat of warriors like the Sisters themselves?

Tzeentch? Sorcery is hated to them even in their darkest hours, and they find no kinship with those who would plot and twist the new world order. Strength comes from battle, not from becoming that which you despise.

Nurgle? They do not wish the slow decay and of the corrupt - they wish to cast it down in flames! Nurgle offers complacency, not the vengeance they seek.

We come then to Khorne, the Blood God, who will take their fighting spirit and redouble their fury to use as a weapon against the former masters who held them in chains. Khorne rewards them for their ruthlessness and brutality in punishing those who wronged them. Khorne welcomes them both in death and in life. Khorne gives them the power to tear out the corruption of the Imperium at its very roots by turtning its cities into flaming pires awash with corpses and rivers of blood.

Swear your oath to the Blood God! Embrace the rage that lurks within a Sister's heart!

Also you could add to Khorne the idea of the SoB holy brazzers being filled with a chemical that when burned and inhaled sends the person into a frothing rage. Maybe this sisters did this prior to battle but their practices where to barbaric they where declared excommunicate traitoris. You could have them be the shield madens of Khorne.

For Tzeentch it's a stretch since the WH do hunt psychers but Inquisitors are usually psykers themselves and so it could be that an inquisior turned and swayed the SoB to Tzeentch. Maybe made them believe that he was the true Emperor with all his "miracles" and stuff like that

I can kind of see an idea for Nurgle. There is a SoB order that isn't combat oriented (I think its the order of the white rose or something) they instead serve as a medical corps. They could have been on a planet to help combat a rising plague (which was created by Nurgle) and as they watched the faithfull sicken and die and the Emperor didn't answer their prayers they turned to the god who would and so the sisters of the festering cauldron where born (or whatever you want to call them) and they took up arms to spread nurgles gosple.

As to what god, in MY opinion it still depends on how you want to make the story. The four dedicated chaos legions (EC - WE - DG - TS) had a big deal of the atributes of the God in question before turning. While the sisters have several. Sisters Repentia can be viewed as Mostly khorne. While other squads can be viewed as beautiful and even using their bodies to obtain what they want. Arco-flagellants are a bit of a twist point. Slaanesh (tentacles as weapons) Nurgle (bodies are in constant paint, so they want to get rid of that) and again Khorne (blind rage). Celestians would be Tzeentch in my eyes, lots of knowledge and bullets from fire.

To sum it up, I believe the sisters of battle are a good 'plaything' to the Dark Gods. It's open to convertion to all the gods, depending how you want to make the fluff-story around them. And as they are open to all gods, you can make them undivided.

Hope to see some pictures soon :lol: would love to see it

Hello,

I think the idea sounds cool, but I dont see why you couldnt have a mix if you wanted.

You could use them as undefined chaos, and link each of the groups to the various powers.

It all depends on your conversion skills as above you could have the khorne lot being the giant chainsword girlys, this would work well, I like the idea of nurgly girlys all bloated and stuff, maybe the heavy weapon teams or half robot people. Fast attack girlys could be Z, using magic/mutation to zip around and magic flame to kill people. This leaves your common troops as slan, I know you didnt like the idea of boobs and stuff but a demonette leading them would be cool, or a half transformed sister at least?

Anyway, its your dream so go with what you think is coolest. (sorry,I know the models, just not sure on the names)

Good luck.

I know you didnt like the idea of boobs and stuff but a demonette leading them would be cool, or a half transformed sister at least?

Anyway, its your dream so go with what you think is coolest. (sorry,I know the models, just not sure on the names)

Good luck.

It's not the naked breasts thing I have a problem with (I'm an 18 year old male of course I like breasts) it's the fact that the only reason some people convert SoB to Slaanesh is to have an excuse to slap naked breasts on them, 'drivel material' as one person earlier put it. So I like your idea and it would work with Chaos Undivided, I shall consider it.

What you want is KHORNE!

Saw this post and though the same.

Khorne fits the whole "Faith and Fury" image of the SoB, and makes for a convincing "Fallen" chapter. Plus I don't really like Slaanesh anyway.

And isn't Khârn the betrayer's mantra "Kill, Maim, Burn"? ;)

Archived