Chaos Sisters of Battle

Terenak

well I've decided to do the Chaos Undivided but with different parts of the Order leaning towards different gods, but I really need to know which set of rules I should use, so if someone can tell me that would be nice. do I exclusively use Chaos, Exclusively SoB or do I mix and match the two.

Depends if you want to work with faith-points (and rename the abilities to something more chaotic) or just use berzerkers, plague marines, thousand sons and noise marines but with sisters of battle models. Really depends what you want yourself. I'd say : mix the 2 and do some proxies. Try to make a balanced combo, so it's still fun to play against (as opponent) and not overpowered, where you take all the goodies but no badies. Find yourself a friend who is willing to do some proxies, where you try out diffrent combo's of the 2 rules.

Darn, was hoping to get a vote in for Khorne as well. I also played a mixed Chaos army, and it's a good idea to not restrict yourself to one style of play.

As for which codex to use, I'd say go all Chaos. Might as well complete your turn to the Dark Side.

I'd say go completely with Sisters as they are still fundamentally Sisters and not Marines. It will also reduce the confusion for your opponent.

I know that I'd much rather play with Twisted Sisters (haaaa) than Marine proxies and it would feel that much more authentic.

All you really have to do is swap out all the holy names + icons in your army for something more hellish.

Inquisitors could be arch-heretics.

Hand of the Emperor could be Hand of Vengeance.

Light of the Emperor could be Infinite Hate...

Stick to the Sisters list. I think it would be that much more rewarding and unique.

-L_C

Allright that sounds good, but what if I added Marks of Chaos for the HQ choices since they are still leader choices but other than that leave everything the same and change the names of stuff.

because, if I don't give them something Chaosy other than a name and image change it's all fluff and I would like to give them a Chaos thing to really cement that these aren't the same Sisters of Battle anymore.

Allright that sounds good, but what if I added Marks of Chaos for the HQ choices since they are still leader choices but other than that leave everything the same and change the names of stuff.

OK, but my Chaos Lord can use Templar vows because he used to be a black templar before he went renegade. I wouldn't go for it, because you will get players who don't care that you defiled the grace of the sisters with Chaos, but will care that you're mixing rules that shouldn't be mixed.

Agreed here. There is no reason to mix up rules when people won't let you use your pretty creations...

Just use stuff from the WH book that makes sense, given the fluff you have. The book of St. Lucius, while ubiquitous and broken (imo), you could give to your cannonness to represent her inspiring and fiery orations to the dark gods. Old Word Bearer chaplains used to make friendly units within 6" fearless for the same fluff...making everyone Ld10 is pretty cool too, and definitely fits the theme of undivided rawr.

- Use the power weapon that boosts strength, making it a "daemonic strength + power sword" deal. Or just the Faith point to make them "temporarily possessed."

- Arco-flagellents could be daemons...bloodletters? representing their hellblades.

- Stormtroopers could be cultists.

- You could have the penitent engines be generic greater daemons...there are also plastic Daemon Princes coming out soon...

Using different models could really bring out the army I think.

At one time, I also was thinking about a choas force made of Sisters. I thought about Slaanesh right off the bat, since they were women. Had the scheme at black armor, purple robes, and the studs/hoses painted silver. I'd also thought off filing off their symbols, and replace them with flayed flesh on shoulder armor and backpacks ( face included ).

Something like the Word Bearers legion would fit their fanatical furor. Bright red armor with black chaos stars ...

Hmm. A Word Bearers legion with Sisters mixed in. I believe I've found another project to keep me busy.

At one time, I also was thinking about a choas force made of Sisters. I thought about Slaanesh right off the bat, since they were women.

Nice. No really. Nice.

I guess Eldar are kinda girly too so that is why Slaanesh likes them?

I think the OPs idea for Undivided then marking as he sees fit is sound. I'm curious as to how far along the path of corruption they will be, however, and how much mutation you're planning on including.

well, if IIRC the Adeptus Sororitas was formed a while after the Emperor was put on the throne permanently, therefore your loyalist sisters wouldn't have been SoB Pre-Heresy, though they could have been something just like them and formed a SoB order when the Adeptus Sororitas was formed, just letting you know so that, if I'm right, no one will call you out on it.

No they were simply preistesses trained in warrior arts. Then they took up arms when they went to fight the WBs. See?

well, if IIRC the Adeptus Sororitas was formed a while after the Emperor was put on the throne permanently, therefore your loyalist sisters wouldn't have been SoB Pre-Heresy, though they could have been something just like them and formed a SoB order when the Adeptus Sororitas was formed, just letting you know so that, if I'm right, no one will call you out on it.

No they were simply preistesses trained in warrior arts. Then they took up arms when they went to fight the WBs. See?

That makes a lot of sense, and fits in perfectly with WB fluff. If you've got the rules for Frateris Militia you could even toss some of those in to serve as stand-ins for Chaos cultists.

On an unrelated note, I second Lady_Cannoness's response to MaleOpener. Sexism is bad, mmkay?

I see Slaanesh as "perversion of beauty", so female warriors would fit.

I opt for bare-chested men in my forces, but have used female models not of the freaky muti-breasted kind.

I'm not being sexist, having nothing to do with me being female, but evil/spikey women just fit with Slaanesh ...

*crap* Medusa sisterhood coming into view ...

Getting back to topic, any god or undivided will do. As for as chaos fluff goes, you don't have to work hard at explaining why your sisters turned traitor.

You could have warrior-maidens worshiping Khorne, witches worshiping Tneeztch, or sister hospitalers worshiping Nurgle.

I really dig the sisters/CSMs of the Word Bearers, though.

If Space Marines can be corrupted, no reason why Sisters couldn't be. I can also see them potentially allying themselves to any of the Chaos gods.

Khorne - any warrior could be susceptible to getting carried away with killing and bloodlust. Plus, blood chalices and such...

Slaanesh - bunch of women cooped up and isolated, presumably living in Spartan conditions with a strict moral code...I could see them going crazy and bouncing the other way.

Tzeentch - spend too much time hunting witches, you might end up sympathetic to them.

Nurgle - more difficult, but as MaleOpener said, the Hospitallers might be an angle.

I would agree that the army would work better if you don't stray too far from the appearance and rules of regular Sisters of Battle. Slaanesh armies using female characters and units is a bit stereotyped by now, especially when people cram every scantily clad female model they can get their hands on into the army. But I think Slaanesh and Khorne would be the most convincing for Sisters of Battle, for the previously listed reasons, and the force could look really cool. Replace the fleur de lis symbols with Chaos stars, angels with daemons, etc.

The Sisters of Battle rules should work great, because all the "pure" sorts of religious items and rules in the book work just as well to represent evil icons and Chaotic fanaticism. If you use any other list you're going to be proxying everything, which I think would be awkward.

I like your idea :cuss

If Space Marines can be corrupted, no reason why Sisters couldn't be.

Going off how many Space Marines have fallen to Chaos, it seems like they are actually far more vulnerable to corruption than normal human beings. Half of them fell during the Horus Heresy, and many other chapters have fallen in part or in whole in the years since. Vanilla humans fall to Chaos far less frequently, and the really fanatical ones (like Sisters of Battle) will fall even less frequently.

That said, any organization as large as the Adepta Sororitas is bound to have a few bad apples; even if only one in ten-thousand Sisters ever falls to Chaos, the number of fallen sisters out there is still going to be large enough to justify armies of Chaos Sororitas, especially since the oddities of the Warp mean that sisters who converted to Chaos thousands of years ago could still be active.

Going off how many Space Marines have fallen to Chaos, it seems like they are actually far more vulnerable to corruption than normal human beings. Half of them fell during the Horus Heresy, and many other chapters have fallen in part or in whole in the years since. Vanilla humans fall to Chaos far less frequently, and the really fanatical ones (like Sisters of Battle) will fall even less frequently.

Entire populations of humans fall to even the slightest hint of Chaos. During the Horus Heresy the human armies of Chaos outnumbered the Chaos Space Marines even then.

Entire populations of humans fall to even the slightest hint of Chaos. During the Horus Heresy the human armies of Chaos outnumbered the Chaos Space Marines even then.

Well, nobody is denying that the number of normal humans who fell to Chaos is greater than the number of space marines, but that is simply a function of their relative numbers; there are at least trillions of humans in the galaxy, but only around two million space marines (loyalist and Chaos). The billions of humans that have fallen to Chaos are a much smaller percentage of the overall population than percentage of fallen Marines (50+%). If humans were as prone to falling as Space Marines, the Imperium never would have survived for ten thousand years.

to be fair the heresy was a civil war so it was less falling to chaos and more, supporting horus because he is one of us, they didnt really become "chaos marines" until after the heresy/most of the way through it.

Well, nobody is denying that the number of normal humans who fell to Chaos is greater than the number of space marines, but that is simply a function of their relative numbers; there are at least trillions of humans in the galaxy, but only around two million space marines (loyalist and Chaos). The billions of humans that have fallen to Chaos are a much smaller percentage of the overall population than percentage of fallen Marines (50+%). If humans were as prone to falling as Space Marines, the Imperium never would have survived for ten thousand years.

The majority of humans though from a percentage perspective haven't come into contact with Chaotic influence. Space Marines have to deal with it much more frequently. The numbers you should be crunching should be based on "humans exposed to Chaos & Space Marines exposed to Chaos".

The majority of humans though from a percentage perspective haven't come into contact with Chaotic influence. Space Marines have to deal with it much more frequently. The numbers you should be crunching should be based on "humans exposed to Chaos & Space Marines exposed to Chaos".

Well, if we want to discuss how often humans exposed to Chaos fall, then the Ordo Malleus seems like a good place to start. The great bulk of OM Inquisitors are Puritans, and most of what's left over are Radicals who, despite using questionable methods, remain loyal to the Golden Throne. For a member of the Inquisition to outright fall to Chaos is not exactly a common occurance.

to be fair the heresy was a civil war so it was less falling to chaos and more, supporting horus because he is one of us, they didnt really become "chaos marines" until after the heresy/most of the way through it.

It varies depending on the Legion, but most of them were at the very least quite corrupted at the upper levels by the time they threw their lot in with Horus and some, like the Emperor's Children, were already thoroughly debased.

Maybe the sororitas abandoning the emperor and joining chaos is not such a likely idea.

What I think you could do though is an elite cultist army, an ally to the Word Bearers as said above. I have thought of making WB cultists myself using the witch hunters codex. I mean, is it really fair that Word Bearers recieve no faith points? :cuss

It happens within one (perhaps the last?) Ciaphus Cain novel. It talks about how a SoB convent was said to have fallen - no one believed it, until they are shown later.

Can happen, clearly.

It happens within one (perhaps the last?) Ciaphus Cain novel. It talks about how a SoB convent was said to have fallen - no one believed it, until they are shown later.

Can happen, clearly.

Except that was a clear case of psyker mind control, so the Sisters did not exactly fall. As soon as an untouchable got close enough to disrupt said mind control, the sisters killed themselves as penance/to prevent any further mind control.

Can happen, clearly.

Except that was a clear case of psyker mind control, so the Sisters did not exactly fall. As soon as an untouchable got close enough to disrupt said mind control, the sisters killed themselves as penance/to prevent any further mind control.

I still think it serves to highlight that anyone is clearly vulnerable, even the most pious of servants. Perhaps that suggests you should have a psyker leading the army...

Archived