Question: Havoc Champion

caboosebe

Hi again,

Thanks to most people of this forum, my army has been growing a lot ^^

Got a sprue box from someone who wanted to quit with Chaos (shame on him! but YAY for me) and have about 6000! points worth of bits and parts in there. So now I have so many choises it: BEH? where do I start.

Currently trying to assemble a havoc team. And working on my havoc champion

What od you reccommand putting on him? a Powerfist or a Powersword? As your havock don't move much and probably won't charge a vehicle.

Thx

You said it yourself, Havocs with Heavy Weapons don't really move much. Unless you expect to get charged by a monstrous creature or walker, leave him bare. or if you have to, give him the power weapon. :(

Personally I'd only use a Havoc champion if the squad was mounted in a Rhino and was outfitted with special weapons.

Personally I'd only use a Havoc champion if the squad was mounted in a Rhino and was outfitted with special weapons.

if you do use him (when you have a rhino) what do you give him?

A Powerfist, losing the attack bonus from using two weapons is a small price to pay for being able to handle almost anything in CC, imho.

well, if they are an all special weapon havoc squad, you might as well give the champion a combi weapon to either spam a type of special weapon, or to give him a combi flamer if the rest have melta so you can still threaten horde at times.

Yeah, depends how hes equipped. if you make a mobile Havoc squad with 2 Melta and 2 flamers, you could equip your Champion with something. Power weapon more than likely. If you have the squad as 4 meltas give him a power weapon, the meltas should scare off any walker coming near if you move them right. if they got 4 flamers, give him a powerfist i ncase a walker comes near. But most ppl i know play havocs as lascannons and missile launchers. 2 and 2. prt to keep the price down some, and then get a champion no upgrades, or a icon glory to reroll and add in 3-4 reg troops after the 4 hvy weapons.

Archived