Dark Apostles

hey

i found loads of spare parts in my bits box and built a dark apostal in termy armour (still need a head though...)

so i was wondering whether its fluffy to just paint him up iron warriors or whether i should really paint him up as an allied legion like word bearers.

what is everyones opinion, do evil chaplains remain in in the legions other than word bearers?

hat is everyones opinion, do evil chaplains remain in in the legions other than word bearers?

They've said before that the Word Bearers are the only CSM Legion to still use chaplains. So personally I'd go for him as an allied Word Bearer.

Still, there's always room for one or two exceptions if you really want to have an Iron Warrior Apostle?

Actually I get the sense that Iron Warriors never had chaplains to begin with. Remember that chaplains were an invention of Lorgar's that was spread among the other legions to enforce the decision of the Council of Nikea as well as general faith in the Emperor and the Iron Warriors are specifically stated as lacking in faith, and so probably never had chaplains as such, instead having the Warsmiths fulfill that role kind of how Iron Fathers fulfill it in the Iron Hands.

awesome, because i really like the pose he has now i finished him, it would be a shame to waste him. ill probably run him as a termy champion with 4 other termies in one land raider while my warsmith has another 4 termys. give the second in command impression :)

thanks guys :P

Look at Eliphas from DoW games, in Dark Crusade he was a Word Bearers' Dark Apostle, in Chaos Rising he's working for the Black Legion....

Feel free to use them. :)

True, but then the Black Legion is unique in the fact that they will take in just about anybody willing to work with them. Most of the other Chaos legions are not nearly so flexible about taking in strays.

Look at Eliphas from DoW games, in Dark Crusade he was a Word Bearers' Dark Apostle, in Chaos Rising he's working for the Black Legion....

Feel free to use them. :D

True, but then the Black Legion is unique in the fact that they will take in just about anybody willing to work with them. Most of the other Chaos legions are not nearly so flexible about taking in strays.

Additionally, the DoW games are not exactly canon.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets not forget 10,000 years have passed - pleeeeeeeenty of time for a Chaos Marine in the Iron Warriors to think of a new calling in his legion :)

I never thought the Iron Warriors would be all that big into sorcery, but Storm of Iron sure showed me now didn't it!?

It's not sorcery they aren't into, it's faith. A sorcerer is not the same thing as a dark apostle. In fact, when Lorgar created the chaplain class in the original legions it was precisely to prevent the practice of sorcery which became outlawed after Nikea.

The Iron Warriors are specifically stated to be cynical and lacking in faith, and so chaplains among them would be highly improbable, especially given that it has been stated that the WB are the only legion that keeps chaplains. That said, a chaplain from some chapter could in theory fall and join an Iron Warriors grand company, though him gaining any kind of authority seems a stretch and is really out of theme.

to clarify this and avoid fluff issues he is just a terminator champion with a kick ass mace like weapon. because lets face it, iron warriors dislike faith and anybody with some sort of faith would not get to the number 2 spot in the army.

thanks for all the advise and chatter guys :cuss

to clarify this and avoid fluff issues he is just a terminator champion with a kick ass mace like weapon. because lets face it, iron warriors dislike faith and anybody with some sort of faith would not get to the number 2 spot in the army.

thanks for all the advise and chatter guys ;)

That nicely bypasses any fluff concerns. If you wanted to, you could have said mace-like weapon be a trophy the Champion took from a Chaplain he killed in battle (Loyal or Word Bearer). It is common enough to take trophy weapons after all, and it adds a bit more flavor to the character.

thanks for all the advise and chatter guys B)

That nicely bypasses any fluff concerns. If you wanted to, you could have said mace-like weapon be a trophy the Champion took from a Chaplain he killed in battle (Loyal or Word Bearer). It is common enough to take trophy weapons after all, and it adds a bit more flavor to the character.

sounds good to me ;) " oi! *punches* i'll be having that fancy mace if you don't mind"

As a reward for everyone's advice, I think we should get some pictures of the WIP and final product. :lol:

JG

no WIP pic as i just got my camera back but...

gallery_38604_4022_569851.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_788588.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_935709.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_799458.jpg

does the gold look ok i tried a new technique.

Archived