Coupla questions

FF151

Hey Guys,

I have read the rules, searched online but I want absolute clarification so that the next game I am sure of these rules, Please confirm or correct

1) Arriving via drop pod, infantry with heavy weapons may not shoot because they count as moving.

2) Arriving via drop pod, infantry with rapid fire weapons only get to shoot 12" because they count as moving

3) Arriving via drop pod, Marneus Calgar cannot call in the "Orbital bombardment" rule, because he counts as moving.

4) IG Hot Lasgun (rapid fire) max distance is 18", does that mean his rapid fire distance is 12" or half of 18 meaning 9"

5) Resolving combat results, regular space marines (Not marneus calgar) lose by 2 wounds

-sweeping advance roll (Iniative + D6),

If space marines win the Sweeping advance roll, they may choose to fall back to break off the fight or can they stay in close combat if the player chooses?

If space marines lose the roll, they may not fall back, but suffer 2 more wounds that they may try and save.

Any help would be appreciated!

1-3 look correct to me. drop podding counts as movement.

4) Rapid fire range is 12" as per BRB rules on weapon types.

5) Your wording is confusing..... but:

If you lose combat you test to see if you fall back. Combat tactics means you can choose to fail.

If you pass you are brave and stay and fight next round. you suffer no other penalties as you are not staying in combat from fearless.

If you fail (or choose to fail) and escape via sweeping advance, then you escape. If they are no enemies within 6" next turn you auto-rally through ATSKNF.

If you fail and get caught then you auto-rally through ATSKNF instead of being wiped out and then follow the rules regarding that.

5) Resolving combat results, regular space marines (Not marneus calgar) lose by 2 wounds

-sweeping advance roll (Iniative + D6),

If space marines win the Sweeping advance roll, they may choose to fall back to break off the fight or can they stay in close combat if the player chooses?

If space marines lose the roll, they may not fall back, but suffer 2 more wounds that they may try and save.

Any help would be appreciated!

Rider-75 answered all of the other questions, so I'll take this one.

You're missing one key step in this process, the Morale check.

So, let's say your squad loses combat by 2 wounds. You must now take the Morale test, at a -2 modifier. Alternatively, you can use Combat tactics (if you have not taken a special character that removes it!) to auto-fail the test.

The next step is asking your opponent if he wishes to Sweeping Advance. He does not have to! He can just let you flee.

If he Sweeps, you roll a d6, and each add your Initiative. If you beat his total, you fall back 2d6" toward your board edge. The opponent gets a d6" Consolidation move.

You may NOT elect to stay in combat if you beat his Sweep roll. You're already past that point.

If the opponent beats YOUR score, you take a number of wounds equal to the amount you lost the combat by (in this case, 2). These are subject to saving throws, and must be allocated just like any other save. If yur unit isn't wiped out by the No Retreat wounds, you are locked in combat. Perform Pile In moves, and fight some more in the next player turn.

The next step is asking your opponent if he wishes to Sweeping Advance. He does not have to! He can just let you flee.

This is not correct. The rules for sweeping advances (page 40) make it clear that its not optional to attempt a sweeping advance. The rules state it happens, theres no choice of either player in the matter.

This is not correct. The rules for sweeping advances (page 40) make it clear that its not optional to attempt a sweeping advance. The rules state it happens, theres no choice of either player in the matter.

Care to privide a quote for those of us without access to our BRB for a while? I've never seen anyone play a Sweep as mandatory.

little book page 40:

"when a unit falls back from combat, the victors make a sweeping advance."

there is no "may" it is just done.

however if the losers successfully escape, the consolidation is "up to d6 inches" - same page.

so although you may escape from combat, you might or might not get far enough away to auto-rally through ATSKNF. of course the consolidation is in any direction, so may take the enemy away from you anyway.

Interesting. I'll have to force my opponents to Sweep from now on. I've also been guilty of taking a pass on the Sweep, and just letting them run off, while using my Consolidation move to keep them running for a turn, or finding cover.

Archived