[Artworks] The Order of the Virtous Lily

Hello everyone,

this is my first post here, so be nice... please.^^

My boyfriend introduced (or rather forced) me to sign up here and present some of my works.

I'm not so much into miniatures (yet), as my favourite hobby is drawing stuff.

Therefore, I'd like to share some of that stuff with you. In order to not letting you guys wait for too long, I'll begin with posting a finished drawing. Hope you like it, and be sure to leave a few kind words :-)

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/8213/adeptasororitascolobyhy.jpg

Thank you for the comment!

You're probably right. There are a lot of people who think the same way. But this is my style, and it's hard to deviate from that. But to be honest, I'm more concerned about drawing armour and weaponry, as I don't have a lot of experience with that - but I try to improve.

Btw: it's manga, not anime. Anime is animated, while manga is drawn. ;-)

Thanks a lot :-)

Did you upload some of your drawings? As I said, I've hardly ever been here before and so I don't know a lot about this forum's users.

To answer your question: I coloured it using Gimp 2.0, which I find to be a very, very useful program. Especially as it's free.^^

So: no, no waterpaint^^

Very nice, I have to agree with Nihm about the cloth folds, well done. If this is the first time you have drawn Sister of Battle armour, I think you don't have much to worry about. The details look good as well as everything looks pretty functional actually (better than most marine stuff you see) The only thing I'd change slightly with anything you do in the future maybe is to bulk out the leg armour a tiny bit, while the shapely form of her legs compliments the rest of her :P it would add to the overall believability of the piece if they looked a bit more like protection instead of a costume.

Please post more!

Nice, you've captured the armour design of the Adeptas Soriritas very well, with a liberal splash of the fleur-de-lys symbol, I see. Like most players, I don't really approve of the anime style for 40K, but you've pulled it o- wait. Where's her bloody gun? AND WHY IS SHE SMILING!?

(No, really, it's rather good. =D)

Od.

@ Odsox:She's not smiling - it's a sadist's grin. This is smiling: :-)

She was supposed to carry a boltgun... but I messed it up and left it out. Sadly - I really am not good at drawing weapons. Feel free to check out how crappy my weapons look - I'll post something in the WIP section soon.

@ Terminatorinhell: thanks a lot - like I said, I prefer to draw manga girls. But I'll give "realistic" drawing a shot soon.

@ Brother 'Ussel: So you don't like slender girls? Just kidding^^

My boyfriend didn't have a model at hand, so I tried my best at imaging how such an armor would look like. All I had for an inspiration were some pics from the WH codex. Next time, I'll try to use your advice.

Thanks guys - I really appreciate your comments!

Brilliant piece.

As for people question anime/manga style: yes 40k has alot more gothic style artwork which are more heavily tonal and some oil paintings but in all terms, they often lose effect for being able to draw the eye. The artwork matchs the 40k universe but I think the style of anime fits nicely with 40k, it allows people who draw in that style to make something truely dark and trust me, this style can get grisly.

As for the drawing: Very nice, I like it alot. The grin is a nice touch which adds to the SoBs sinister look. The worn look from the colouring you used (I am going to assume this was a photoshop thing or whatever drawing program but the colouring looks like heavily blended chaulk...or however you spell that word!) is very nice. The clothe is excellent as well. Nice piece, look forward to seeing more of your work! (and I am an anime fan, I also draw it as well. Personaly I hold no love for boring tonal, but thats just because GW can't be bothered to get a coloured printer!)

That's basically what I think, too. Creating an authentic mood is less a matter of style rather than a matter of means and motivation. Even manga style allows some pretty good fanworks.

Glad you like my art so far, I didn't expect so much positive feedback. It really encourages me to get back to work immediately!

There's something floating 'round my midn... Something huge and pink :-D

@ Canoness Celestia: This is so freaking awesome!

It's an honour to me - although I prefer Microsoft over Apple ^^

Thank you ever so much!

Thank you ever so much!

I'm a big fan of your art style, so it was only fitting to carry it around in my pocket. I'd love to see more of your work!

As an aside, if you do (or ever decide to do) commission work - I'd be interested in your services. :D

Thank you ever so much!

I'm a big fan of your art style, so it was only fitting to carry it around in my pocket. I'd love to see more of your work!

As an aside, if you do (or ever decide to do) commission work - I'd be interested in your services. :)

Of course I would try my best.

Just let me know what you want to have and I'll give it a shot.

Contact me via PM, okay?

Hey a fellow Warhammer manga artist! I must say your artwork is wonderful, I'm particularly a fan of your shading and background. It works very well for the mood you were trying to establish and it just brings your character out, as chapter master 454 said the manga/anime style can lend itself well to the grim darkness of 40k. Also that smile really creeps me out, good job! :tu:

@ Grand Admiral Thrawn: you're right. I didn't plan to a background, but the pic was too empty without it. :-)

@ Shotgun Facelift: I'm going to experiment a bit on various sister / armour types. Maybe I'll give it a shot! By the way, your nickname really kicks @$$^^

@ Calibanknight: Thanks for your kind words. No need to to get freaked though, for as a loyal servant of the Emperor you don't have to be afraid of an amour wearing chick ;-)

@ chapter master 454: It's great to serve as someone's soruce of inspiration. Makes me really happy. You should share whatever you draw!

Not really a fan of anime but this is is pretty good, especially the facial expression which really does look like that of a somewhat religiously unhinged person, which is what SoB are. That said, the breasts and waist look a bit too "stylized" in that I'm pretty sure no actual human has that kind of figure. The breasts are a bit too round, which I guess could be explained by implants (though that would be odd for a nun) and the waist is definitely too narrow, I mean her head is wider than the thinnest point of her waist.

Not sure why but I have always had a fascination with denizens of 40K being drawn in magna style.

thanks a lot - like I said, I prefer to draw manga girls. But I'll give "realistic" drawing a shot soon.

Have a look at 1impact's artwork on deviantART. He can also be found in BnC under the username of Colrouphobia. His work isn't 'realistic' like we gamers have come to associate with the gothic nature of GW artwork. But it is another style you may want to experiment with.

Messanger

Edit - his website, Studio Colrouphobia, can be found HERE.

Archived