[Artworks] The Order of the Virtous Lily

@ Kassill:

Thanks! I didn't paint any sisters yet. And I'm pretty sure I won't do so for the next few years - unless GW releases some pretty new plastics, equal in aesthetics to the new DE range. I painted some other ladies, though. You might have a look at them if you click the link in my signature. :)

@ darkwrath:

Thanks a lot! It's always great to hear people say they like the anime style with 40k, as many tend to see the one anathema to the other xD

Especially since I'm not able to draw anything else than anime style :)

@ Terminatorinhell:

Thanks, still doing my best :)

@ Dark apostle Thirst:

Thank you - good to be back (again). ^^

@ Aquilanus:

Merci beaucoup!

The Virtuous Lily is actually my own favourite so far. My boyfriend's urging me to start an army myself - poor lad, doesn't know I'll never play the game. Maybe build, paint and collect stuff, but that's it xD

I've heard about Chrono Crusade, but haven't had a chance to read it or watch it.

@ Grimdark:

Why, thanks :)

@ reckoning34:

Mille grazie!

Glad you eventually did find it :)

Makes me really happy that I managed to show you something you like although you don't like the style.

Sometimes I feel like sort of a manga prophet xD

@ Ace Debonair:

gracias!

But I'm quite sure you wouldn't exactly say that in his face ;)

It's great to get that kind of praise as I feel my marines sort of... well, suck. Mostly, they're out of proportion and I usually successfully avoid drawing them at all *g*

@ The_Chaplain:

Gratias tibi ago!

And to be frank with you, I am. Not overly proud, but I feel that I've improved the last few years - even months - simply because I draw 40k stuff. It's so different from naked and happy ladies... because it's grimdark :)

@ Zynk Kaladin:

Dankeschön!

The hair is one of my favourite parts to draw. It's important to have lots of looks on references and maybe have a look or two on real hair.

@ Glaeken Templaris:

Xie xie!

But actually, I've got to disagree here. There are quite a few animes and mangas with a really dark atmosphere and a fitting style. Take Hellsing, for instance, or Battle Royale. Maybe even Doubt. Of course it's not really grimdark, but I guess GW would run berserk if every comic in the world started featuring Space Marines xD

@ Rogan:

Thanks for being useful in the drawing process. :)

You sure are right, I'm going to change a thing or two, and I promise the next marine to be beefier. And of course, I'll consult you before I start drawing! :-P

@ Escaflowne_Z:

Dank'schee! (this was Swabian, by the way!)

I'm actually drawing and painting way more stuff, but the rate of PA among it is rather tiny ^^

@ Snejk:

Hvala!

The main difference between the older ones and the newer is that the older didn't have much to do with fluff nor with 40k after all - sure, there's the stuff from 40k, but in sort of different context. Ever since I'm working on my own order (working in literary and drawing terms, that is, not collecting anything unless GW releases new and awesome plastics), I've started to take it more seriously.

P.S.: to all those who might feel a little made fun of because of thanking in other languages: I thought it was stupid to always say "thanks" in English, so I decided to explore on the different kinds of thanks. Don't take me seriously - I just don't know any better. English is my third language - Latin the second xD

P.P.S.: Man, 14 people responding to my thread... you guys rule!

Love the newest one. Blood splatters everywhere really make it look like she is in a desperate bind. You have really improved from the beginning too. The proportions of your chaos marine and SoB are very well done now. Keep up the good work!

Archived