[Artworks] The Order of the Virtous Lily WIP

Hello everyone,

this is the promised picture with the "bloody" boltgun. WIP, of course!

Btw, this is my first Sisters pic ever, so... be nice! Or I'll purify you!

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9900/adeptasororitassketchby.jpg

And here's the latest - a Sister charging into battle.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2654/sketchreadyforbattlebyh.jpg

P.S.: I hope you don't mind it's not the index finger the first one's raising...

@ marine: Nope, sorry, you're not :-D

Thanks anyway.

@ Gubnutz Da Grim: I'm not sure yet. The second one ain't a WIP for no reason; however, the first one is a bit too old. I don't lke it that much any more. :-/

first day here and you manage to make me jealous on two occasions :D

awesome pieces, i particularly like the charging sister, the movement is very good

also:

P.S.: I hope you don't mind it's not the index finger the first one's raising...

well, they have that attitude even without the gesture, so not really

If you look at it from this point of view, there'll be a few more occasions for you to get jelous^^

I like the charging sister, too, because I hardly ever succed in making a picture look so vivid.

Imagine the first girl being the teacher of some Kindergarden kids, saying: "and remember, kids, don't do drugs and worship the Emperor - or I'll kick your @$$!"

They look awesome and the boltgun looks great i don't know what you worry about! :)

2 crits coming up :P

Crit 1: The nose in the first drawing seems a bit off centre.

Crit 2: The chainsword in the second drawing is slightly out of scale.

Never-the-less awesome drawings! Wish i could draw manga style :huh:

@ Fire Lord Captain: Someone's been "complaining" that the sister in the Hall of Honour part of the forum didn't have "bloody boltgun" - it may be fine, yet still I think it could need some more work. It seems kind of flat, you know?

@ GlauG: that's possible - thanks a lot^^

Lovely stuff. B) I think the Manga style works well for sisters. I got a bit of a giggle, since they have basically the same color scheme as my sister's War of Faith crusade army. :D Plans for any more?

@chaplain belisarius: The order's color scheme is white armour, purple robes and golden ornaments :)

@terminatorinhell & warspirit : Thank you so much! So would I. xD

@rednekkboss: :D Lucky us. Yeah, I am working on some special pictures of different sisters who can be called by name. ;) First one will be sister Donna.

As promised, here's the first named character - Sister Donna of the Order of the Virtous Lily.

As you can see, she's 19 years old and rather a close combat warrior.

She's sort of a tomboy and really hates to forgive people's... why, let's put it that way: don't anger her if neither her Sister Superior (Salome) or her best friend Wendla is around. If you do annoy, you can be sure you'll get your butt kicked. With spiked boots.

http://s7.directupload.net/images/100716/cuqq3esz.jpg

Hope you like her as much as I do - and be sure, there'll be alot of ther girls to come.

A 6' honey, aye. She'll ripyou apart with her bare hands, soo don't bother her. Ever.

*whisper* she's my favourite of the lassies Sisterofchaos has drawn

Jokes aside - I hopeshe'll colour her soon. She's been working on power swords for almost a day now...

Very nice. The face and detailing are especially brilliant (really like all the rivets and folds in the cloth). Its things like this that show how awesome an artist you are and have the potential to be.

However, I think the scaling is off on a few things.... The arms/hands dont seem to match in size with the left being bigger band with the cloth attached to the shoulder armour being longer on the left as well. Also the chest/breast area seems too thin even for a girl (especially as she is wearing armour that would bulk her out a bit). Hope you dont take the criticism too badly as its only meant in a constructive way and I always try to find some area of improvement in anything I comment on now matter how good it is (and this is very good!).

Very nice. The face and detailing are especially brilliant (really like all the rivets and folds in the cloth). Its things like this that show how awesome an artist you are and have the potential to be.

However, I think the scaling is off on a few things.... The arms/hands dont seem to match in size with the left being bigger band with the cloth attached to the shoulder armour being longer on the left as well. Also the chest/breast area seems too thin even for a girl (especially as she is wearing armour that would bulk her out a bit). Hope you dont take the criticism too badly as its only meant in a constructive way and I always try to find some area of improvement in anything I comment on now matter how good it is (and this is very good!).

Thanks a lot, you are so kind! :)

I am always open for constructive criticism, thank you. Yeah, I also recognized that mistake with her arms and the robe, but I didn't feel like changing it that moment. Next time I'll keep an eye on that and the thin chest. ;-)

Archived