[Artworks] The Order of the Virtous Lily WIP

@ chaplain belisarius:

Thanks again. She's got a different haricut because she's not a random sister, but Sister Soraya of the Order of the Virtous Lily. And in that special order, we've got personalities rather than meat-carrying tin cans. ^^

A sister seraphim?

I'll try it. The problem is that I've sketched a few sisters - characters, that is - and none of them is a seraphim. But maybe I'll change a concept or two. ;-)

The worst problem of all is their pose. A charging sister is not too hard to do, but a jumping, charging AND flying sister is. And it's easy to slip from an epic heroine into an awkward geek... ^^

no pressure, just asking. i could always give it go myself, but you may lose your 'monopoly'. :tu:

@ WarInHeaven: So far I've sketched the outlines. Does it "count as" a commission? ;-)

@AyanamiKun: Thanks! I'll do my best.^^

@ chaplain belisarius: dear belli, calling her a "pixie" to her face would mean some serious trouble for you. Now be a good boy or else...! xD

wow SisterOfChaos, those are impressive. While I've seen some SoB art work that looked good, the sisters themselves always looked almost identical to one another. Same armor, same hair, same ornamentation. You've made some great looking characters and differentiated them nicely.

I'm curious, are these characters actually for something or are you just drawing them because you can?

@ maverik_prime:

That's just what I wanted them to be like, thank you! :-)

Individual sisters with unmistakable personalities.

Actually, I just began drawing random sisters out of a mood, and when I saw it was good, I (or rather my boyfriend) said to myself: "why not creating a whole squad of them?"

We eventually decided to make some of them appear in our webcomic.

Maybe I'll convert some sisters as soon as GW brings out plastic sprues... I hope they'll do!

@ popkhorne:

First: I love your name!

Second: I used a tablet and Gimp, a free drawing program. To my mind, it's almost as good as photoshop.

@ chaplain belisarius (can I please call you "chappy" or "belli"? It's WAY shorter!):

I shall forgive you. No, not yet. Maybe one of them will have a heavy bolter, but that's not decided yet.

@ Magnus Thane:

Thanks a lot, I like those colours, too. I spent an awful lot of time thinking about the right combination. Wasn't easy, but well... here I am ^^

I haven't planned a sister with a flamer yet - you know, I thought a melta would do the job as good, maybe even better. ;-)

Ah, but a melta gun isn't a purifying weapon. Flame cleanses, superheated gas just burns holes. In DoW I always, regardless of who I'm fighting, upgrade all my Sister squads (when I play Sisters) with five flamers.

@ The Normish & Chaplain Belisarius: No need to beat me dead with fluff-stuff^^

As I said, I'm rather a newbie to 40k, and therefore to its background, too.

@ chaplain: You can have a sister with a HF, of course.

You are so frequently requesting it that it seems you'd like to have a commission. Or am I mistaken? ^^

• 5 months later...

Hi folks!

After being absent for a long time, I wanted to show you some drawings that occured during my B&C break.

1. "Loyalty?"

2. "Collateral Damage"

Unfortunately, this is gonna be my last update for a certain time, perhaps even for ever. Lately I stopped feeling "at home" in this community - there are a number of different reasons, which I don't want to post here, because I don't want this to become even more personal than it already is.

You can still find my works on Dakka or Deviantart.

Archived