Devastators or Typhoons

fredbob524

Neither! :D. I find that my typhoons blow up to fast to do any real damage and that my Devastators are way to expensive for most of my lists to field.

If I had a choice.. I would go with my devastators just because I had better luck with them. IMO I would rather take plain land speeders with MM. If they blow up, not a problem.

Consider though that fire directed at Landspeeders is not directed at anything else :D

This is very true indeed! I rather have my speeders blown up before any other vehicle. For the points their so expendable tho and thats the main draw back

why I would never use the typhoon for its way to expensive and is only AV10. BUT again thats my opinion!

In spite of that I found that against certain armies that utilize more tanks than average (IG :D). A squad of land speeders equipped with MM can be vexing.

Neither! :D. I find that my typhoons blow up to fast to do any real damage and that my Devastators are way to expensive for most of my lists to field.

If I had a choice.. I would go with my devastators just because I had better luck with them. IMO I would rather take plain land speeders with MM. If they blow up, not a problem.

Consider though that fire directed at Landspeeders is not directed at anything else :D

This is very true indeed! I rather have my speeders blown up before any other vehicle. For the points their so expendable tho and thats the main draw back

why I would never use the typhoon for its way to expensive and is only AV10. BUT again thats my opinion!

In spite of that I found that against certain armies that utilize more tanks than average (IG :D). A squad of land speeders equipped with MM can be vexing.

And yet the Typhoon is surprisingly resilient in the right list. Now I'm not saying it's AV is suddenly much better, rather that when your opponent has another 5 or 6 vehicles to contend with those two Land Speeders sitting at 48" range are less of a threat or problem, there are other things to deal with. The range of a Typhoon certainly makes it much more survivable than the MM/HF variant, as it is not right in front of the opponent.

Archived