predator lascannons

khurdur

I as thinking, seeing as a pred annihilator 3 lascannons don\t have he same LOS they can't all shoot the same target, and as the rules state all a vehicles guns must target the same unit, a predator can't fire all 3 lascannons in one turn. Or can the sponsons hit seperate targets?

Errr. Guess again. Its actually very easy to get all three weapons able to see the same target. And even if you can only see with 2, you cant target a separate unit with the remaining gun. Unless you're a Longfang Pack, or have PotMS you cant split your fire.

• 2 weeks later...
the only way to get around this rather stupid and one of many stupid rules, is to point the tank at the target that way you can get los on all guns, other than this your screwed.

I don't see how this is at all stupid! The gun can only shoot what it can be physically pointed at, and what it can be physically pointed at depends on its fire arc, the hull of the vehicle, etc. It makes perfect sense!

As for shooting at the same target, the guns actually have slightly more than 180 degrees of fire arc, and most units/tanks are at least a few inches wide. From a decent distance (i.e. more than maybe 12" or so), you should have no problem pointing all three of those lascannons at the same target.

This is a double post by the OP. the full thread (which now stretches to two pages and is still on the first page) can be found here.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=205483

Rather than post things in this one, anything that is related to this topic/question should be posted in the existing thread.

Archived