(Rough Draft) Fallynn Knivez (Fluff)

Just a little warband fluff i was working on. This is the more detailed version, the overview version takes the key points to describe an army and has the text deleated in some sort of cover up fashion. Anyways i know it ineeds some polishing, but i am looking for advice on what needs to be corrected, if its any good, what i should elaborate on, so on. Thanks.

Psychological evaluation & debriefing of Rune Priest Heslin Rendwolf

Third Commander of (unknown) Space Wolf chapter

Unmarked escape vessel found adrift near Fenris

0123456.M41

Prognosis: Uncertain

‘So tell me of your experience’

Well I can not remember too much of the time just before. I remember I was aboard a ship, I can not remember the class or the name, I can see the name in several places but I just can’t make out the lettering in any coherent distinction. I remember we left Fenris, but I can not remember why we were leaving. Maybe it was just a routine mission I don’t know.

‘Just take your time’

I was on a planet, a daemon world named Ivgis Bellvm in the Segmentum Obscurus.

‘How did you get there?’

I told you already I don’t remember!

‘Did the ship crash? Was it a vision?’

I don’t remember.

‘Are you sure it was a daemon world?’

I told you already, I was on a daemon planet named Ivgis Bellvm in the Segmentum Obscurus! Eye of Terror! It was a dark planet; the sky was a blood red, the ground scorched and buildings war-torn, the trees were dead and the entire planet smelled of rot… death and decay, like the planet itself had been dead for millennia.

Suddenly I was among a grassy hillside, lush damp grass and surrounded by trees and foliage. Intact stone buildings like that of ancient fortifications stood tall and strong in the distance, and homes made of mud, wood and straw riddled the landscape nearest to me. It was a peaceful place, much different then the cursed planet I was just on, the air smelled sweet and alive.

I turned around admiring the sights and was confronted suddenly by a large daemonic figure, very out of place, and heavily contrasted by the surrounding scenery. He huge, large and bulky, clearly a warrior of sorts, and smelled of the rot and decay I had just experienced. He had giant wings nicely folded to his back and despite the smell, he did not appear to suffer from the disease he carried.

I reached for my bolter and realized it was not there, looking down I noticed that I did not have my chainsword as well. “Relax” he said as I began to panic and almost instantly I was calm. It was as if that word was the only reassurance I needed and the word washed over me like a calming tide of peace. I looked up at him again and he told me again to relax and that I was not worth his time. He did not bring me there for bloodshed.

‘So this daemon brought you there?’

His name was Katuu Mastema and that’s what he said. He spoke without even opening his mouth. As if he spoke directly into my brain. He said that this was his world, and that he brought me there to pass along a knowledge of hope to those that would choose to listen. He told me this would be his final act of humanity.

He told me of his mortal life and how he had come to Chaos long before the Imperium itself existed. He was the son of a mighty king named Hadyn Mastema, long before interplanetary travel was possible, when all that mattered to anyone was what was happening within their kingdoms, and the armies and warlords only cared about things happening on their planet. Philosophers were the only ones that gazed at the stars and theorized what existed out there.

His planet was conflicted, made up of armies of cultist legions led by powerful sorcerers that worshipped dark gods, deities and dabbled in dark magic. His fathers kingdom was the only kingdom that seemed to exist that resembled some semblance of order and good. He fell fascinated, not necessarily with dark arts themselves but with the notion that they existed alongside his fathers kingdom and seemed to function juxtaposed to each other. His father did not like this notion and was usually enforced upon him with a heavy hand.

They fell into a dark time when battles were constant with his fathers kingdom, and into Katuu’s possession fell an ancient text bound with a type of leather and adorned with what he thought was to be the ancient numeral for the number seven. He and his childhood friend turned castle scribe, Fal’Lynn, began to decipher the text, and he learned so much about the dark arts, and it only helped to solidify his understanding of the way things worked throughout the world.

His father still never listened. As the kingdom began to crumble Katuu and Fal’Lynn decided it was time to turn to the ancient text for help in securing the kingdom, despite his fathers disapproval. They took it into their own hands and Katuu began a ritual from the text that would destroy their enemies and protect anyone that aligned themselves with Katuu.

‘So that is how he fell to Chaos?’

That’s how it began. He did not elaborate but he stated that this ritual was the death of his friend Fal’Lynn. He explained that his father and the kingdom was furious at his actions. Despite the almost immediate cease to the attacks from the cultist armies the kingdom wanted him put to death as a heretic, but Hadyn would not kill his own son, and understood, in the kingdoms nievity, that without his sons actions the kingdoms end was inevitable. His father instead ruled that his son would be exiled and killed on sight should he return within the territory of the kingdom.

Katuu spent years wandering alone looking for anyone else, but they had all seemed to have succumbed to a plague that resulted in pustulent sores. He finally setup a camp just outside the territory of the kingdom upon a hillside with a distant view of the castle walls.

Years later his father, in ailing health would find him and approach him to apologize before dying in his arms. As soon as his father died he returned to the kingdom that day only to find that the entire kingdom had also succumbed to this same disease, and judging by the state of the corpses had happened some time ago.

There was no telling how long his father had ruled over piles of diseased corpses as his kingdom, but it bore evidence of his fathers mental condition after his son was exiled. It was not Katuu’s intention to destroy the kingdom itself, but they were doomed the minute they turned their backs on him. Only those aligned with Katuu could survive, and I don’t even think Katuu realized this, but that means his father never lost any love for his son. He died of natural causes, not the disease, but the entire planet, save his father, had obviously turned on him.

‘So how did he fall to Chaos?’

Well like I said that was only the beginning. A few nights had passed, Katuu believes just long enough for the last of the population to die out before he awoke in a horrid place. A macabre paradise of death and pestilence riddled with every disease and infection possibly imaginable. He was spoken to by an unseen entity that offered him immortal life, his home world to rule, and strength beyond belief in exchange for loyalty and the promise that he would spread disease and infection wherever he went.

Katuu agreed thinking he was clever, there was a lesson to be learned from his father that would act as his plague, his infection. He would infect the thoughts of anyone that existed outside his own planet that the galaxy works as a whole, and no one person or ideal is the correct way, however little was he aware in his young age that he was in fact hypocritical by aligning himself with this entity that offered him so much. Then again at that time, how was he too know that he was not speaking with a god, and he was. That’s how he fell to Chaos.

‘So how is he in charge of a warband now?’

When he awoke again after his negotiation his home planet had changed, it was now the war-torn desolation I first saw. He does not know how long he was gone but the planet was completely different and the sky had changed. He himself had changed, into the form he is today. He re-created his fathers kingdom in all its beautiful glory and left the rest of the planet in ruins.

No sooner had he returned that he had met Abaddon. When his legion disappeared into the Eye of Terror, after the Horus Heresy, they had landed on his planet to take up refuge. In their conversations they seem to have come to some sort of agreement in which he would lead a warband of Abaddon’s Black Legion.

‘What was their negotiation?’

I don’t know the answer to that. He said that was how he received his warband and named it Fallynn Knivez, after the friend he had in a different life.

‘So why would Abaddon just hand him a piece of his legion?’

Again he did not say. Like Abaddon he has always had a belief that everything in the galaxy has its purpose, just as the Imperium fights to enforce its ideals across the galaxy, so to will they. He in fact believes all Chaos exist to serve as a counter-balance, that is his purpose, though, there are those amongst his ranks that simply fight for the joy of it. He said even those individuals exist for a reason, and it should be embraced like the cold arms of a plague… Those are his words!

‘So how are the ranks bolstered?’

He said that all were welcome! There were marines of many legions, and no singular god the entire warband worshipped. Like himself a lot worshipped their own god but no singular god was predominant.

‘And they’re command? Weaponry?’

The command structure and weaponry of his warband? There is another daemon prince named D’Nyl, second in charge. He has been serving under Katuu for some time, and actually created a warp rift when he was granted daemonhood. There is Rugziel, first captain of the marine units, Facade, first captain of the berserker units, and occasionally even Khârn is counted amongst his ranks when there is blood to be had.

‘And the weaponry?’

I assume whatever they can get. I don’t know, and I did not see any.

Archived