Venerable Rhino

As my entry for the golden daemons this year i've decided to start with the lowly rhino. I feel this vehicle doesn't get enough love in the conversion/painting world. After all, it's the workhorse of the imperial army, everyone uses them, and i have a hard time seeing them as all plain-Jane boxes.

so, without further ado, the work I've done so far on my venerable rhino:

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m76/Biggsavage/warhammer/07012010013.jpg

Not sure at this point if i'm actually going to leave it a rhino or do something else. The more i think about it the more i think it should be something like a damocles command rhino since it no longer has any side doors.

If there's interest i'll post a step-by step tutorial on how i did this once i start on the second through sixth ones.

also, input/suggestions are more than welcomed

This looks promising mate, although the paint look a bit thick in places to me.

around the faces? yeah had a bit of spraycan malfunction. I've considered dunking it or trying a localized brake fluid application, but i'll probably just try to highlight it to bring the accents out better

Very cool, very stylish. How did you make the ornament covering the side door? Also, I think that would look good with the twin Plasgun+Lascannon Razorback turret, since it's not something you see often.

THe side door is made from the little emperor shrine thing that comes with the bastions, and the sides are a piece of imperial city

second side nearly done now, I need to add the rivets and green stuff closed the bottom of the shrine. I also have to find a matching aquila, as the other side's one came from the AoBR sergeant's backpack.

for this shrine, i used the little guy from the aquila door that comes from the sanctum imperialis kit. He's a bit bigger, but not very noticable.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m76/Biggsavage/warhammer/07022010041.jpg

Archived