Can a Daemon Prince grant daemonhood to others?

I was thinking about this and I honestly don't know. Can a Daemon Prince ever get strong enough to promote another individual to a Daemon Prince or is that power only reserved for the major and minor gods of the warp?

Considering the chaos Gods bestowed such power, and it's very minor power at that compared to their own, I would conclude that a demon prince, unless it's one of those really really old ones from medieval times or even older, would not have enough power to bestow demonhood to another person.

Lesser gifts, perhaps. However, I would imagine these lesser gifts would really just be a portion of that demon princes power syphoned to a champion.

My 2 sacrifices.

There is a case of it happening but the problem with using that is its in WHFB :P I dont know if it would transfer over to 40k but I think it would. A Daemon Prince is a champion of their god who has pleased them enough to be granted daemonhood and I doubt that they would do something to displease their god so if they did then it would be someone that their god would approve of

im really not sure, on one hand they are almost a slave to their god but on the other hand the codex states that a daemon prince can use a psychic power that turns enemies to spawn...

so i agree with the sense that lesser "gifts" can be given but full on daemonhood is something governed by the dark gods themselves

Indeed in fantasy there is a story where a daemon prince (a former leader of the chaos tribe that now worships him) is summoned by the tribe that worships him and bestows daemonhood (or a hek of a lot minor gifts all at once).

Should work if they are powerful enough.

Archived