Wrecked Transport

RastlinD

Hello all, I have a question that came up in a game yesterday. My opponent had a razorback which, I had assaulted on both side access and the back access ramp. I proceeded to cause enough damage to cause a wreck result (a 5 on the damage chart). The question then came is the unit inside of the transport destroyed? Because on the wrecked result it says that all units must be deployed with in two inches from an access point and more then an inch away from an enemy. This was impossible. However, the section before the destroyed results states that a unit can make an emergency and take dangerous terrain tests and then be pinned for the next turn. Basically, I am not sure of the rules interaction with the situation that came up in the game. Can you guys please tell me the correct rules interaction in this case and then explain to me when and how emergency disembarkation would work. Thanks ahead of time.

the openent may attempt an emergency disembark. see pg 67 disembarking

also

Because on the wrecked result it says that all units must be deployed with in two inches from an access point and more then an inch away from an enemy
this is false. The wreked result simply says they must disembark (again pg 67 effect of damage resulsts on passengers)

Also, if your entire unit (of 25mm bases) was in base contact with the vehicle, completely surrounding it but only in a single rank, he'd be able to E-disembark still. As each base is only .98" wide, that leaves .0199" of E-disembark room. When it really matters, of course ;).

Like Frosty said they can emergency disembark, however I disagree with his second point. It says they must disembark, which at the top of the same page there is a whole paragraph about disembarking. Therefore because it doesn't specifically say that those to types of disembarkation are different then you follow those rules, eg: you must be within 2" of a hatch or you have to emergency disembark.

Archived