FW Wolf Guard Terminator Bust

Replica

That actually looks like a real face :). The milky eye is a great personalising touch and coupled with the scarring brings so much more character to this alreay great piece of work. It kinda makes you want to discover his saga... what took his eye and did he repay it in kind?

great job mate :P

james

Emperor's Scourge Posted Jul 18 2010, 04:56 PM

Totally works because SWs get longer fangs and darker(leathery) skin as they age.

yeah too true, i put a little codex gray into the flesh mix to take some of the color out of it to make it look thicker and weathered.

Pig Of Sparta Posted Jul 18 2010, 06:28 PM

That actually looks like a real face smile.gif. The milky eye is a great personalising touch and coupled with the scarring brings so much more character to this alreay great piece of work. It kinda makes you want to discover his saga... what took his eye and did he repay it in kind?

great job mate smile.gif

james

Thanks mate, im happy with how its come out so far. Yeah i wonder what happened to that eye too, perhaps a poisonous Tyranid strike, or maybe a blow from an Ork choppa? Maybe whatever did it got away and its a topic of great shame for the old wolf...

Picture time...we had a rare day of sunshine here in Melbourne this afternoon so i took the opportunity to take some sun-lit pictures, hopefully this will give a better indication of what the colors look like in reality.

gallery_49031_5065_29399.jpg

this pic shows a different angle, you can see here i had to repair the sensor lenses in the top right of the image. I didn't realize it until i was paying so much attention to the area that these were suppose to stick out a bit (you can see them on the pic from FW at the top of this thread) and had apparently broken off at some point..

gallery_49031_5065_40643.jpg

The face was one of the things i was worried about, it is the focus of the model and in that tiny space i had to try to fit the entire character of the model, and space wolves have a lot of character. I have a few non-gaming friends who appreciate models but dont actually get in to the hobby so i wanted them to be able to enjoy it as well without me having to waffle on about what a space wolf was etc...

Hope you like! C&C Welcome!

Thanks,

Replica

Terminatorinhell Posted Today, 01:40 AM

He reminds me a bit of that 'Rourke dude who played Whiplash in Iron Man 2

Yeah? i haven't seen it yet, i should though...soon....

Anyways, heres another update, started with a little NMM on the re-breather, the wat its been sculpted reminded me a lot of plumbing pipes so i decided to go with a gold/brass looking color which i repeated on the Terminator Honor pendant, and will do on the Crux Terminatus. I also started putting snow in some of the recesses. Im going to build it up in some places around the head and between the shoulder pads.

gallery_49031_5065_39276.jpg

Also finished the Wolf Tail talisman. I decided to go with he classic bestial brown - to - bleached bone style of tail with the NMM on the top...ah....thingie...

gallery_49031_5065_34009.jpg

Now there is just the crux to do, then its onto my next project!

Thanks for looking!

Replica

Heres a pic of the finished Crux Terminatus. I was already using red as a contrasting color so i thought i might continue that on the Crux. It has been used on SW since the dawn of time and if it aint broke don't fix it. I decided to make it a little more interesting id paint the chunks in the middle of the crux like gems, since the Crux is holy to the chapter and this is a 'sergeant' version of it (I'd imagine this would be a wolf guard battle leader). I used the NMM from the above post for the border of the cross and just the the classic bleached bone skull and cross bones.

gallery_49031_5065_160905.jpg

He just needs a few more finishing touches and im still up in the air about the besagews, might leave them off...thoughts?

thanks,

Replica

The NMM is great, but that Crux Terminatus is amazing! Also the face looks even more realistic under the better light. Maybe you could paint up the besegaws and see how they look on the mini now there's colour on it. I quite liked the little 'personal touch' that they added to his armour :P

Oh, any hints on what your next project is?

James

High Marshal Sigfeird Posted Yesterday, 07:20 AM

As always brother you out do yourself simpley excellent work and wonderful tones on the flesh of the face.

Thank you brother, your kind words are always appreciated

Pig Of Sparta Posted Yesterday, 08:17 AM

The NMM is great, but that Crux Terminatus is amazing! Also the face looks even more realistic under the better light. Maybe you could paint up the besegaws and see how they look on the mini now there's colour on it. I quite liked the little 'personal touch' that they added to his armour smile.gif

Oh, any hints on what your next project is?

James

Yeah, good idea, ill paint the besagews up and see how they look, might make it that much more interesting to look at. My next project will be your Imperial Fist, however im thinking about changing our original idea on account of tracking down some heresy era jump packs...

hmmm... heresy era jumpacks sound interesting :) I don't mind changing something for the better at all.

I think not only will the besegaws add something to look at but they'll also add more to his saga. Perhaps his Lord (or another Wolf Lord even) gave them to him in recognition of a particularly glorious (or funny) feat. Perhaps he forged them himself in memory of an event.

James

hmmm... heresy era jumpacks sound interesting :) I don't mind changing something for the better at all.

I think not only will the besegaws add something to look at but they'll also add more to his saga. Perhaps his Lord (or another Wolf Lord even) gave them to him in recognition of a particularly glorious (or funny) feat. Perhaps he forged them himself in memory of an event.

James

Yeah, good point, alright ill get the besagews painted up. Im thinking red and NMM, but im gonna age them a great deal so they look well worn!

Archived