International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

There isn't one! You just have to be friendly :P :lol: I'm not sure if you're friendly.... :P Just kiddin

Finished these two dudes the other day, I thought I should finally post them up. 2 more are just about done, the helmets are left, and the last 2 are just being started..

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/shortsonfire79/IMG_0980.jpg

Those marines are looking good Shorts. I like the custom bolter on the one on the left ^_^. Great use of the mk IV helmets as well.

Hemal, as Shorts said, there are no requirements or criteria for membership, apart from wanting to get more out of this hobby. IF you'd like to join up, let us know and I'll add your name to the members list and we'll welcome you officially. You might like to check out our forum too, you can find a link in my sig ^_^

James

I was asking after Replica when we started discussing our seal. I hope he's ok whatever he's up to....

Ummm... the secret project kinda fell by the wayside cause I got distracted.... however, I'm fully prepared to get started on it, so let me PM Rider-75 and see if he's ready too and if he is we'll announce it :lol:

James

+EDIT+ Possible problem for those considering converting the Huron mini, I saw some pics of the mini's components today. It might just have been the way they were in the photo but it looks like his arms, including his shoulder pads are all one piece. The torso/legs also seem to be be one piece as well.....

I was asking after Replica when we started discussing our seal. I hope he's ok whatever he's up to....

Ummm... the secret project kinda fell by the wayside cause I got distracted.... however, I'm fully prepared to get started on it, so let me PM Rider-75 and see if he's ready too and if he is we'll announce it :)

James

+EDIT+ Possible problem for those considering converting the Huron mini, I saw some pics of the mini's components today. It might just have been the way they were in the photo but it looks like his arms, including his shoulder pads are all one piece. The torso/legs also seem to be be one piece as well.....

Ummm bugger on the huron thing, Will take pics when i get it, They should ship out on Monday so will have lots of pics for people to see.

Also just found out my black library order has shipped so may get that tomorrow :lol:

Sabbat Worlds Anthogy

Firedrake

and First Heretic which i cant wait to read :huh:

If you need any help with anything James let me know im off work this week :D

I really like the way that his greaves are looking Astador. The black, brass and red are working really well together :lol:

Update on my Ultra's can be found here. I decided to start a thread for them to get some feedback from frater's outside of our brotherhood. What was meant a quick paintjob project seems to be turning into a full on one...

James

Hi folkd - just thought I'd drop by and see what people had been up to while I wait for Dante's base to dry. I'm using a sandy paste mixture to add some texture to the base. I decided to paint Dante as a break away from painting a whole load of Death Company. Hopefully I will get some pics up soon.................

Everyone elses models are looking great!

Your Ultras are looking very nice james - the dark shading you hav achieved by drybrushing is really nice.

Short's Ravenguard are really nice - the white is clean and crisp and the bone is a nice contrast.

Short's Ravenguard are really nice - the white is clean and crisp and the bone is a nice contrast.

Um...thanks? I think you may have mistaken me for someone else. I haven't painted any Ravenguard...maybe Astador?

And Skirax, that guy has character. keep it up.

There isn't one! You just have to be friendly :) :) I'm not sure if you're friendly.... :) Just kiddin

Finished these two dudes the other day, I thought I should finally post them up. 2 more are just about done, the helmets are left, and the last 2 are just being started..

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/shortsonfire79/IMG_0980.jpg

Um...thanks? I think you may have mistaken me for someone else. I haven't painted any Ravenguard...maybe Astador?

And Skirax, that guy has character. keep it up.

Are these two fantastic looking models not Ravenguard? Oops - my mistake!

The black and white must have just reminded me of Ravenguard..............

Been awhile without an update, but I started a new Power Armoured project today to get some sculpting work in.

Let me know what you think and suggestions on Nurgle armour.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Contest/Painting%20Fanatic%20and%20Iron%20Painter/3f03e107.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Contest/Painting%20Fanatic%20and%20Iron%20Painter/2d9e9c65.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Contest/Painting%20Fanatic%20and%20Iron%20Painter/a3f7f436.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Contest/Painting%20Fanatic%20and%20Iron%20Painter/74a9322d.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Contest/Painting%20Fanatic%20and%20Iron%20Painter/a61ccc2b.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Contest/Painting%20Fanatic%20and%20Iron%20Painter/d7e6b53a.jpg

C&C

Cheers

Looking pretty good Astador. Great use of a renegade miltia torso there :). The sculpting looks pretty neat too, in an appropraitely decaying way. My only suggestion for the armour is maybe try giving his toes the classic nugle 'cloven' look if you know what I meant... other than that I can't think of any improvements...

cheers

James

Hi guys. Loving those possesed (my favourite is the secon done down) Skirax and the storyline that you're building with your posts is shaping up nicely as well.

Astador, I think you should sell those tickets and get on with some painting! (just kidding, I think it's good to step back from painting every once in a while as you can look at things with fresh eyes when you come back to it...)

Finally, I finished the Daemon Prince bust! Photos can be found here in the Hall of Honour.

cheers

James

Ummm... the secret project kinda fell by the wayside cause I got distracted.... however, I'm fully prepared to get started on it, so let me PM Rider-75 and see if he's ready too and if he is we'll announce it :)

yeah, sorry. kinda been distracted by various things myself. between fantasy being unleashed and a swell on my loathsome ratmen numbers, a few paintball games in rapid succession, work and my wife become pregnant with number 3, things have been a little...... hectic!!

should be good to go soon though folks. will try and sort over the next couple of nights!

Hey guys, I'm a pretty new member and I don't have any pics up (yet) but I would love to join. There aren't a lot of people (if any) around my neck of the woods that collect Warhammer 40K and I'm pretty sure my girlfriend's getting sick of hearing about it ;) so having someone to talk to about this kinda stuff would be really cool. How do I join?

Hey guys, I'm a pretty new member and I don't have any pics up (yet) but I would love to join. There aren't a lot of people (if any) around my neck of the woods that collect Warhammer 40K and I'm pretty sure my girlfriend's getting sick of hearing about it :D so having someone to talk to about this kinda stuff would be really cool. How do I join?

You are already a member. James will add your name to the roster next time he is online. Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Archived