International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

Is that the termy librarian combi-plasma I see?

Yes it is! I also used a chaos marine's chest to help give an ornate look along with one of the blades in the set. He's now been based too so progress is being made since the photo was taken.

Cambrius

Hey, guys. I have a question regarding grey stuff. I went to one of my local stores today to get a pod and some other stuff, and they had grey stuff. Since I've heard a lot about it I figured "why not" and got myself some. Now for the question:

How do you think it compares to green stuff? Easeier to work with? harder? Dries faster? etc.

If you have ANY experiance with it, let me know :lol:

- Natanel

Hey, guys. I have a question regarding grey stuff. I went to one of my local stores today to get a pod and some other stuff, and they had grey stuff. Since I've heard a lot about it I figured "why not" and got myself some. Now for the question:

How do you think it compares to green stuff? Easeier to work with? harder? Dries faster? etc.

If you have ANY experiance with it, let me know :lol:

- Natanel

Is it called 'Magic Sculpt'? Ive used that, and its gray (i assume its similar like green stuff generally is no matter who makes it). If its anything like magic sculpt then i highly recommend it! its more rigid when its dry and less 'rubbery'. Its easier to sand and file and cut when dry, but i still use green stuff for some things, for example you cant flatten magic sculpt and cut strips from it.

Hope it helps!

Thanks, but I dont think it is called magic sculpt. It is a GaleForce Nine product called "Grey stuff". Dunno if that is the same thing tough.

- Natanael

id recommend you check it out anyway mate, these things are generally similar no matter what brand

@ Replica: Yeah, I will. Problem is that our local stores have a very limited range of supplies for the hobby, and go mostly with GW-stuff. But I'll search the internet and maybe order some just to try it out =D

@Hemal: I've heard about that before, I think. Maybe have to try that out as well :P

- Nat

Cambrius: Looks definitely sternguardy enough.

Sorry I haven't been around guys. I brought my computer in to the Apple Store on Saturday because I think the hard drive or video card is mucking up. Not sure... So I've been computerless. Found my old dell and got it up and running so I'll periodically come in.

So I started painting a bit. I like the Eagle and Abregado. Now I just need to find some script for Black Fist too.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/shortsonfire79/IMG_1204.jpg

Thanks guys. Replica: I was told to just skinnify the hand (before paint was added) so I guess the longer fingers will help.

Normish: The bolter will be on the other side. It was much easier to draw than paint, I'd assume... Hopefully it'll come out okay.

If I had any calligraphy pens, that would be gold, but....I'm down to using a fine detail brush.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/shortsonfire79/IMG_1177.jpg

Very nice banner you got there, shorts. I never have the courage to try something like that :P Way over my skill :(

Does any of you guys have a tip on how to make my own razorback hatches out of plasticard, for my rhinos? I bought them from a friend, and he had the rhino-hatch glued in. I've managed to get rid of that and am trying to make new ones were my RB-towers can fit. Making the hole is killing me tough. It is just to much random cutting, and ends up all rectangular :P

- Natanael

Very nice banner you got there, shorts. I never have the courage to try something like that :tu: Way over my skill :(

Does any of you guys have a tip on how to make my own razorback hatches out of plasticard, for my rhinos? I bought them from a friend, and he had the rhino-hatch glued in. I've managed to get rid of that and am trying to make new ones were my RB-towers can fit. Making the hole is killing me tough. It is just to much random cutting, and ends up all rectangular :tu:

- Natanael

Id try ebay mate, if they dont have the hatch for $4 or $5 they will have the sprue for about $10, and you will get a bunch of extras!

Also, didnt wanna double post so ill just whack it on the end of this post, heres the mock up of the legs of the Emperors Children Sorcerer:

gallery_49031_5398_2048.jpg

this will be a relatively slow build cause im waiting on a few components to come from the US, but its well under way!

thanks,

Replica

EDIT: added pic!

Thanks guys. Replica: I was told to just skinnify the hand (before paint was added) so I guess the longer fingers will help.

Normish: The bolter will be on the other side. It was much easier to draw than paint, I'd assume... Hopefully it'll come out okay.

If I had any calligraphy pens, that would be gold, but....I'm down to using a fine detail brush.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j276/shortsonfire79/IMG_1177.jpg

Ah, you'd be surprised how easy it is to fake Calligraphy. After I learned how to do it with a calligraphy pen, I can now do it with pencils as well (though I haven't for some time).

EDIT: Does anyone know a good site where I can upload my Imperial guard pictures (seeing as I can't do it here on the B&C)?

Maybe I'll work on that. Especially for the Chapter name. Thanks guys.

Normish: The IBH site is a good place to start, and I really like the Ammobunker.org . Its my favorite site actually

I know, I have a thread there already, I meant for storage, like here we have albums.

Maybe I'll work on that. Especially for the Chapter name. Thanks guys.

Hmm, perhaps for name suggestions you can replace Black with:

Shadow

Twilight

Dark

Night

Void

Cambrius

No thanks man. :)

I know, I have a thread there already, I meant for storage, like here we have albums.

Oh, Photobucket maybe? Thats what I use. Seems pretty decent to me. :)

Archived