International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

Captain Mick

The weather effects still dont dry at all confused.gif so will try to make something in it so it probally will dry faster (less amounts of water effects). Will update when possible happy.gif .

Are you using weathering powders? cause i dont think they ever dry, but i might be wring, never actually used them! looking forward to the pics! :angry:

quick question brothers, especially Pig Of Sparta: Here is a pic of the sword i plan on using for the Emperors Children Sorcerer

gallery_49031_5398_26400.jpg

I was thinking of all the things that the Librarian turning to chaos would not retain, such as his psychic hood or force weapon, and so i thought this one from the sang guard box looked suitably EC, minus the blood drop and with some grooves cut to make it look a little more delicate. But im still not too sure about it.

thanks,

Replica

I'm not sure Mick, I use white glue for my water effects :rolleyes:

Replica: I'm not sure about EC and Librarians, but that sword looks great :)

What do you mean mate? Not sure try had them? There's no reference to them but fulgrim was certainly an advocate of their use. Most people believe its highly likely they had them

Replica, I really like that scimitar. It has a distinctly EC look to it, and I reckon that pursuers of perfection would have more than one personal weapon. Perhaps he could even have forged it himself using his knowledge of the warp to aid him. To further link it to him, perhaps the blade contains shards of the axe that the 31st millenium mini has? Maybe he broke the axe blade as part of a ritual and used the shards combined with warp-nastiness to forge his new weapon...

Shorts, we're kinda going out on a limb into unknown territory, but as Replica said, Fulgrim supported the Librarius project at the Council of Nikea (according to 'A Thousand Sons' anyway) and in their pusuit of perfection, I think the EC would have realised that humanity would have to make use of it's psychic potential and so would have at least looked into developing themselves in this area as well.

Replica, I really like that scimitar. It has a distinctly EC look to it, and I reckon that pursuers of perfection would have more than one personal weapon. Perhaps he could even have forged it himself using his knowledge of the warp to aid him. To further link it to him, perhaps the blade contains shards of the axe that the 31st millenium mini has? Maybe he broke the axe blade as part of a ritual and used the shards combined with warp-nastiness to forge his new weapon...

Love the idea, I had intended it to be just a power weapon, but it could be a daemon weapon, perhaps inhabited by the (Slaaneshi) daemons banished by the original force axe (assuming original librarians had force weapons...). This could serve a dual role, on one hand the destruction of the axe, and symbol of his librarian status would show his new devotion to Slaanesh, and the daemons that proved too weak could be bound within the weapon as punishment. Also- do you have an idea on a name for this guy?

Heres the first mock up of the parts ive put together. Still got a little bit of file work to do, and the green stuff still needs to dry. I love the strange sheaths you sometimes see on Slaaneshi models so i thought id put one on him. Also, i have the hand from the terminator librarian that im trying to duplicate to replace the pointing hand but if it doesn't work out i don't mind leaving the pointing one. I added some more rolled parchments, as spells or pages from his book that he has completed. Even though i removed the psychic hood i decided to keep the cables, as i find my eye is always drawn to them when i look at the Loth model and thought if i got rid of them it might look too different.

gallery_49031_5398_34696.jpg

i added some token chaos spikes and used a RTB01 back pack (cheers Pig Of Sparta ;) )

C&C welcome while its not too late to change stuff! :HQ:

Thanks,

Replica

oh, right, i thought you meant 'weather effects'

Now THAT would be interesting. Some sort of paste that could create replicated weather on the tabletop.

Incidentally, I now have some pictures of my Guard army up on the IBH website (follow the last link in my signature). Here is a little preview of what to expect:

[yeah, I had figured that it was a non-power-armored picture, but I wasn't entirely sure because it is a little not so much so... I'm confused now, so I'll just take it down].

Rendez-vous on this link: link.

And here is some Power armoured stuff! ;)

New part of my Blood Angels, just not attached to my other portion of the army! haha

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/blood%20angels/Sanguinary%20Guard/f2819923.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/blood%20angels/Sanguinary%20Guard/fad55f93.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/blood%20angels/Sanguinary%20Guard/2a8401d1.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/blood%20angels/Sanguinary%20Guard/2734a133.jpg

And my favorite!

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/blood%20angels/Sanguinary%20Guard/9d67485f.jpg

I'm working on the Sanguinary Guard force to break up my black armour painting. The bases are completely different from any I have posted in this thread yet, but since they're black primed you can't see details so I'll photo them when they're painted!

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/Personal%20Armies/blood%20angels/Sanguinary%20Guard/2734a133.jpg

where is this head from? btw love the models, i may have to invest into a box of these as the poses that you can create are amazing =]

jim

The head is one of the two Raven Guard character heads from Forgeworld. I bits ordered them both from BitsandKits.co.uk

I am saving the other for another model. Haven't decided which yet. Perhaps Huron from FW.

The box is great has lots of character to each piece. Easy to make some sick looking models! I pinned all the parts and adjust them slightly, using gs to fill the gaps where needbe.

Remember, my Imperial Guard are still on the IBH forums (he said, begging for attention because his work is pathetic compared to that of his fellows).

Look here, or I may just well cry.

I am really liking that pose as well, but how is he going to be standing on the base? Will he be leaning that much? Because I don't see how he's keeping his balance (although if the banner pole was longer he could be sort of leaning off of it).

oh right cool, its just i love very detailed faced models as i try to add characturistics to my models...so many space amrines out there that all look like clones but after all they are separate people so i try to vary in many ways i can, personal markings etc etc and this is why i love these models as each one is so different

jim

wow the stuff you miss while gone is insane. everything in here is crazy cool. i've decided that my joining model will be a peice i've been planning for Nihm. its a raptor in mark 6 armour with a modified beekie helm and twin hand flamers. not sure if i wanna make a sanguine like jumppack using a raptor pack and bat wings or just go with the straight raptor pack. any ideas or suggestions. i'll post the wip pic later today if all goes well...

Nice guys. Loth looks great Replica. Er..Chaos Loth I guess. The leg is getting more attention later yes? Thats an awesome combination of bitz.

cheers mate! The green stuff one? yeah, it still needs to be filed and sanded in some places and im gonna put some rivets in it. The other one might get some green stuff but i might leave it, not sure yet.

Archived