International Brotherhood of Hobbyists

You know, I never thought of doing that with those =I= shoulder pads Ludovic, I actually really like that look for them. Nice one. As for chapters, if he's still in the DW then you'll only need to worry about his right shoulder colour so maybe you could pic a chapter you've never tried before? Or go for something 'tricky' like yellow (Imperial Fists and Marines Malovalent spring to mind) Looking forward to seeing how this conversion develops though.

Now, first I'd like to apologise for my lack of presence here over the last few days. There are as usual a few reasons for my absence. Firstly, I've come down with a pretty nasty cold as a result of my giving up cigarettes, so I've been feeling fairly lame for the last 3-4 days.

Second, as a result of feeling poorly I've not really wanted to do much painting or anything so I've not really had much to contribute, although at this juncture I'd like to say that everyone's stuff looks great :lol:.

Thirdly, as you will no doubt have noticed by now, my 'badge' has changed. I've been admitted into the Librarium of the B&C so I've been doing a little bit of research for a couple of ideas I have for possible articles. Now, I want to say that this does not mean I'm going to abandoning the IBH, far from it in fact. What it does mean though is that I'll be on the look out for particularly great stuff to be included in the Librarium :tu:

Fourht and final reason, I've got too many projects on the go just now, so I was starting to lose focus on all of them. I'm going to re-prioritise everything so I can actually start making some headway with stuff.

thanks for bearing with me and listening to my excuses...

James

1000heathens: Very nice Night Lords. I want to see the Hellblade in that :lol:

Mick: Love your nurgle project! =D

Astador: The base is very nice indeed. I think there would be more ppl intersested if the pattern was made in the resin, and not just something to paint on. Not all of us are as good as you :tu:

- Natanael

I'm looking into the possibility of etching the symbol in. It's doable, it's a question of if I need to switch production material on the original pieces and will the mold keep it's detail long enough to be financially worth it. But I promise I am looking into the idea of etching the designs.

Alright. I'll keep an eye out for them in the future ;)

@ Ludovic: Looks good. Were is that =I= pad from? I might have a use for that...

Edit - I forgot, some new pics of my Beastmen in my blog. Link in sig.

- Natanael

You know, I never thought of doing that with those =I= shoulder pads Ludovic, I actually really like that look for them. Nice one. As for chapters, if he's still in the DW then you'll only need to worry about his right shoulder colour so maybe you could pic a chapter you've never tried before? Or go for something 'tricky' like yellow (Imperial Fists and Marines Malovalent spring to mind) Looking forward to seeing how this conversion develops though.

Cheers for the input PoS. :tu: Yeah, I saw the shoulder pads and just started hacking away at the rim. Pretty similar to the metal ones too so I'm happy ^_^ As for the Chapter, I can paint yellow quite well IMO (so not really "tricky" for me). I'll give it another think...in the mean time, any input from you others would be great :)

Now, first I'd like to apologise for my lack of presence here over the last few days. There are as usual a few reasons for my absence. Firstly, I've come down with a pretty nasty cold as a result of my giving up cigarettes, so I've been feeling fairly lame for the last 3-4 days.

Second, as a result of feeling poorly I've not really wanted to do much painting or anything so I've not really had much to contribute, although at this juncture I'd like to say that everyone's stuff looks great smile.gif.

Thirdly, as you will no doubt have noticed by now, my 'badge' has changed. I've been admitted into the Librarium of the B&C so I've been doing a little bit of research for a couple of ideas I have for possible articles. Now, I want to say that this does not mean I'm going to abandoning the IBH, far from it in fact. What it does mean though is that I'll be on the look out for particularly great stuff to be included in the Librarium msn-wink.gif

Fourht and final reason, I've got too many projects on the go just now, so I was starting to lose focus on all of them. I'm going to re-prioritise everything so I can actually start making some headway with stuff.

Get better soon, congrats on the promotion and, as CM put it, real life comes first! :)

@ Ludovic: Looks good. Were is that =I= pad from? I might have a use for that...

Cheers :) It's the one from the Command Squad sprue, with the stupid rim hacked off (I used my pen knife and a file).

Ludovic

Well congratulations to our Pig of Sparta. And good luck with all your endeavors in the real world :)

Ludovic. I'm thinking that maybe some random obscure chapter would be cool. Someone mentioned that if it's current DW, then you just have one shoulderpad to paint. And it also depends on if you'll be making more. If more, I'd recommend current DW, so that way they can make their own squad. If post DW, then you don't have to worry.

I'd go with something like Auroras :P

Ludovic. I'm thinking that maybe some random obscure chapter would be cool. Someone mentioned that if it's current DW, then you just have one shoulderpad to paint. And it also depends on if you'll be making more. If more, I'd recommend current DW, so that way they can make their own squad. If post DW, then you don't have to worry.

I'd go with something like Auroras :)

Cheers mate. I was thinking of doing post-DW but I only have the paints blue and black, so that limits my options. Maybe UM's, or are they too common?

Ludovic

Cheers mate. I was thinking of doing post-DW but I only have the paints blue and black, so that limits my options. Maybe UM's, or are they too common?

Ludovic

A quick thought...maybe the Dark Hunters?

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/8/81/DarkHunters.jpg

or perhaps the Death Strike?

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/7/79/Death_Strike.jpg

Both are mostly blue, just about nobody runs 'em, and each have at least a little history. Hope this helps.

I just came on to tell you guys that I found 27 Marines in my bitz-box =D I was gonna ask what army I should paint them as, and then I see the two very cool chapters above :P Maybe there is something ;)

Anyway - do you think it would be too hard a task to make them into pre-heresy style T-Sons? Love that red and gold... :)

Pic of my findings

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb479/Oskar_Andersson/CIMG3950.jpg

I'm gonna strip the paint of them, and I got loads of green and grey stuff to convert them with.

- Natanael

Well, thank you :lol: In my opinion the main problem is the eagle on their torsos. But with a sharp knife (read scalpel) and some paitience I might be able to take them off, and then GS over it to get a smooth finish/make something that looks like Mk III/IV.

And it is not a challenge if it is too easy, is it? :cuss

- Natanael

I just came on to tell you guys that I found 27 Marines in my bitz-box =D I was gonna ask what army I should paint them as, and then I see the two very cool chapters above :P Maybe there is something ;)

Anyway - do you think it would be too hard a task to make them into pre-heresy style T-Sons? Love that red and gold... :P

Pic of my findings

I'm gonna strip the paint of them, and I got loads of green and grey stuff to convert them with.

- Natanael

That's cool man. I think som ph thousand fists would be pretty cool. Perhaps for armor rims an stuff. You can just use some thin plasticard.

Thousand Fists? <_<

Anyway - yeah, the plasticard idea is good. I've got some sheets somewere that I might as well use. I havent been able to strip them today since I couldnt find my bottle of "t-röd" (that's what I use, a swedish thing) :lol: I think my dad took it and used for something else :lol:

- Natanael

Hey guys! I'm looking forward to seeing some more updates! :P

Until then, I was wondering if you could help me with some c&c. I recently worked on my Company Commander a bit and I need some feedback which I'm not really getting. Except from Captain Mick (thank you!) but I'd like some more opinions :) could you just stop by my thread for a sec and lemme know what you think? The link is in my signature.

Thank you!

Hey guys quick update from me. Working on a commission for the Inquisitor league starting in my area. So here is one of the models I started yesterday.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/31238be6.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/2b1f108a.jpg

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/WarForgeStudios/1509454a.jpg

What do you guys think?

I havent posted in a while, but I can give you some hints on what Ive been working on:

1. Inquisition. Astartes. Malleus. Terminator.

2. Xenos. Inquisition. Astartes.

<_< Take a guess

Archived