Custom Vanguard

Greetings all, I'm back again with more custom madness! This time it's work on making a custom Vanguard squad using the aray of bits I've got. The only exception to not being custom built is the metal assault marine I got in a bitz deal. Many of the bits have come from poorly built models or ones looking quite worse for wear so this is a nice act of justice for the marines in question. :lol:

So without further ado, a group shot:

gallery_26154_4148_3215877.jpg

Veteran with a plasma pistol and a power sword:

gallery_26154_4148_1257358.jpg

Sergeant with custom made lightning claw from a powerfist and two combat blades and a classic plasma pistol:

gallery_26154_4148_1257610.jpg

This vet has a relic blade I plundered off the Termie Captain:

gallery_26154_4148_1258015.jpg

It might look like he's falling forwards, but this guy's been adjusted since so he's not looking like he's toppling over:

gallery_26154_4148_1258622.jpg

My only metal model in the bunch:

gallery_26154_4148_1258834.jpg

All comments appreciated. I intend to make 10 of them overall so keep your eyes peeled for more, including the return of "Cambrius pattern helmets". :teehee:

Cambrius

Back banner on a jetpack sergeant is a little silly, the rest of them look ready for painting

I've seen it work on other models in the past and I chose just the banner pole for that reason. Each to our own.

Cambrius

I have to agree with the banner pole. If anything my thoughts are that it would get ripped off in flight or would slow the marine down.

I would not have placed the combat blades on the powerfist (for the Sergeant) unless you planned on using it as a lightning claw. If that was a intention, maybe add a little green stuff to make it look like it is one pieces. Otherwise I'd say put them along his belt or something instead.

Other than that they look pretty good. I really like the use of the older plasma pistol on the Sergeant and the metal mini.

I have to agree with the banner pole. If anything my thoughts are that it would get ripped off in flight or would slow the marine down.

I would not have placed the combat blades on the powerfist (for the Sergeant) unless you planned on using it as a lightning claw. If that was a intention, maybe add a little green stuff to make it look like it is one pieces. Otherwise I'd say put them along his belt or something instead.

Other than that they look pretty good. I really like the use of the older plasma pistol on the Sergeant and the metal mini.

Hmm, I might take it off then. :P It is suposed to be a lightning claw and the first time i've tried the method, so further refinement may be done. Yes I do like that plasma pistol. Wish I had more of them.

Cambrius

Expensive kitout points wise :unsure: that's bashing 300pts at least

Modelling wise it really does look kitbashed. The sarges LC I'm not sure of, doesn't look right IMO, could do with a third blade or just a normal LC. THe beakie looks a bit out of position or the icon you put on his JP doesn't fit. Not sure on that either. The metal model I'm not 100% on either, but I'm sure it'll get better with some paint.

Archived