probably a dumb question

so I started a chaos army a few months ago. I didn't like it because it seemed way underpowered compared to every other army I was seeing at my local GWGS. I was looking in the codex(because I was bored) and saw in the wargear section in the back, it said regular CSM have bolt pistol, chainsword, and bolter. So they have 1 basic attack. Since they have a pistol and chainsword would it get bumped to 2 and then a third if I'm charging? that's all. I may be an idiot. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't started a blood angel army and their stuff seems better written out.

is that even if they are modelled with the bolter?

so a chaos marine can rapid fire one turn and then next turn use a BP and charge and get 3 attacks?

an answer to this question would solve an argument ive been having with a chaos player recently :P

think the overall view is standard equipment doesn't really need to all be modeled but any upgrades should be.

if it's a big deal to whatever gaming group your in arm your marines with bolters, bolt pistols on the hip and either chainswords in one hand or a knife on the end of your bolter if your wielding the bolter two handed (or possibly hanging from his belt).

all my standard marines are armed with bolter and ccw (using either chainswords,knives,hand flamers and sometimes even bolt pistols) in the other hand, true grit style. not having bolt pistols on each model has never been an issue no matter where i've played. ;)

sigh... damn the warp now i have to let swordbrethren charge me with 3 attacks and i owe him a beer. we had been having this argument for about 2 months and he agreed to not have the extra attack for 2 CC weapons when they were weilding a bolter, i feel a bit silly now :cuss

sigh... damn the warp now i have to let swordbrethren charge me with 3 attacks and i owe him a beer. we had been having this argument for about 2 months and he agreed to not have the extra attack for 2 CC weapons when they were weilding a bolter, i feel a bit silly now :Troops:

HA HA HA! i told you... now... beer me :)

sigh... damn the warp now i have to let swordbrethren charge me with 3 attacks and i owe him a beer. we had been having this argument for about 2 months and he agreed to not have the extra attack for 2 CC weapons when they were weilding a bolter, i feel a bit silly now :P

You shouldn't give him a beer for the fact that he plays templars. :D

Amongst the people I play with, we accept wargear without having placed on every model. This goes especially for grenades, since almost all infantry have some type of grenade they can carry.

Archived