Balancing a Deathwing

Tanhausen

Hi all,

If you're a DA subforum poster or simply a lurker, you've probably read some of this stuff :eek

I need help fine tunning...my tactica, not the list ;)

Long story short: I love termies, started out with 36 of them + 3 bikes and 1 AB... then after some good advice, traded the bikes and 10 termies for 2 predators, 2 dreadnoughts and 2 Speeders. This has worked wonders... but as always, constant improving is the goal :tu:

Now I'm trying to fit in a vindicator and another couple LS, in exchange for the 2 Dreadnought (both were plasma cannon and heavy flamer).

So the list I'm working now is:

Belial(claws) + apothecary (flamer) + bearer (claws)

3 x Sarge with PW/SB, HF/PF, LC, TH/SS, SB/PF - This configuration enables me to 100% wound allocation.

2 x Same but Cyclone instead of HF.

2 x 1 LS MM/HF (upclose and personal, antitank or antiinfantry as required)

1 x 2 LS (1 typhoon, we only get the S5 template) + (1 HB)

2 x 1 Predator w/lasscannon sponsons (auto turret)

1 x Vindicator

So gameplan usually goes for:

Tanks obscured, mailny concerned in popping the enemy tanks and/or transports and if possible, "spare" shots to montruous creatures or similar. The were "nursed" by the dreadnoughts AND the cyclone termies... which made a really hardcore line... Its up to the termis now B)

The 3 remaining squads, usually deep strike into a "corner" (1 specific quarter of the table) in order to put pressure in a single objective, assuming I already hold 1 with the defensive part of the list.

The LS, transport/tank hunting, infantry harassing if necessary.

So at least 2 blocks of units that can cover a similar function, which allows for flexibility, and though I do become a bit static with the tanks, it also helps drawing the enemy to a specific point.

My biggest pain is at anihilation, since bases I can cover up quite decently and put quite a bit of pressure on the enemy... objectives... do pretty good when everything is spread out :rolleyes:

List-wise, the only "issue" I have is whether to go for Typhoon + HB LS for anti-infantry... or for a Plasma Cannon + heavy flamer Dread that will stay back with the tanks.

Would you go for Dread or for LSs?

Suggestions for my tactica?

40 reads, no replies? Either my tactica is brilliant (dont' think so, else I'd be kicking but around which I don't) or the questions are way too hard to answer... come on, you guys are pros!!!

Show me what you got! :(

I'm not a DA player and at work so can't even skim the codex. But I would stick with the Dreads over the Typhoons. You could always take 1 or 2 with MM & HF in Pods and drop 'em with your 'Striking Termies for more support if needed. Or hold them off till the opponent funnels in after your tanks, them pod them in near the tanks for a bit of suprise.

@cerrik

DA Drop Pods go strictly by reserves ( turn 2, 4+ and so on) so... I started out with 2 melta dread in pods... but thats 400 points that you have no clue when they are going to land, hence they were removed from the list.

As said, I'll keep 1 PC Dread and drop the other in favor of a vindicator: I need that big template to get rid of some very nasty stuff (such as ork nobs in bikes and chaos juggys).

Thanks for the suggestion

Archived