Ultramarine fort

I know some historical model makers make sprues of sand bags that look pretty cool and arnt just green blobs, pretty cheap too. How about a wreaked rhino or other wreaked imperial vehicles, as no matter where you are there's betting your going to have marines and/guard defending this bunker. If youve got some spare guardsmen or something paint them up like planetary defence forces that could look cool and leave them dead in and around the bunker with a few ultramarine corpses. Damn I want to make my own bunker now to go with my non-exsistant ultras :( Why not just shell out for some GW barbed wire it looks pretty good these days and it would finish it off nicely.

• 1 month later...

Hello all! I am finally updating after a long wait....yes I know I'm an ass...But regardless here's the update:

I went ahead and painted the fort, I was having trouble thinking how I wanted the outside to area to look like and thought...meh feth it, the fort itself is ready for painting, I'll do that now and save the ground outside for later.

And so I found my dad's old airbrush and airbrushed the whole thing white!

gallery_54035_5081_2042610.jpg

gallery_54035_5081_3018140.jpg

It took a few layers for a proper coat but it looked a hell of a lot better than if I had painted it white.

While the fort was drying in the garage I sprayed the grating black and then drybrushed it with boltgun metal, I did my experimental barbed wire at the same time as well, I was thinking some of those would be in the front yard along with some spiky I-beams( I came to a semi-conclusion whilst painting, still very much in my head nothing more).

gallery_54035_5081_2240269.jpg

gallery_54035_5081_760946.jpg

gallery_54035_5081_1802642.jpg

Now that the fort had dried I painted the floor black and then drybrushed it with Codex Grey, I then lightly painted the edges of the Imperial eagle with skull white to make it stand out, I am not the greatest painter of flat sufaces but I hope it looks like a concrete floor.

gallery_54035_5081_3535928.jpg

gallery_54035_5081_2224144.jpg

Sgt. Ovatius and his best friend Tommy are starting to feel very comfortable in the fort, I am beggining to look forward to defending it myself.

gallery_54035_5081_1271758.jpg

gallery_54035_5081_719606.jpg

next on my agenda is painting in the battle damage, I think it's gonna take a while, and then I will have to face the battlefield that surrounds the fort.

@Jester_prince: If you could get me a link to some of those historical sandbag sprues I would be very grateful, I have this gut feeling that this will never be complete without some sandbags.

Well thank you all for the positive feedback and I hope my lack of updates hasn't scared (read: annoyed) anyone away, until next time:

Ultrahawk

Archived