Renegade Marines

Whit

So I've been working on a little force of word bearers, and I've decided to incorporate some treacherous recruits from loyalist chapters. However, I'm not quite sure how I want them to show their new allegiance. I know I definately want them to keep the majority of their color scheme, so they can be identified relatively clearly by their former allegiance. My current Idea is to paint both of their shoulder pads with the Word Bearer's scheme, putting the Legion's symbol on one side, and the Warband's symbol (A white eye) on the other. It seems that painting one shoulder pad seems to be a common soloution, but I was wondering if perhaps anyone else had a suggestion?

So I've been working on a little force of word bearers, and I've decided to incorporate some treacherous recruits from loyalist chapters. However, I'm not quite sure how I want them to show their new allegiance. I know I definately want them to keep the majority of their color scheme, so they can be identified relatively clearly by their former allegiance. My current Idea is to paint both of their shoulder pads with the Word Bearer's scheme, putting the Legion's symbol on one side, and the Warband's symbol (A white eye) on the other. It seems that painting one shoulder pad seems to be a common soloution, but I was wondering if perhaps anyone else had a suggestion?

One of my friends has a Black Legion army, and has some recent traitors from loyalist chapters that use a halved color scheme; the left side is their old chapter's colors, and the right is in Black Legion colors.

Archived