Question About Assault/Shooting

Umoja

Friend and I were playing (Me dark angels, him 'nids) and in the middle we had some units locked in assault, and on either side of the assault he had a squad of genestealers and i had a squad of tactical marines (not locked in assault). Question is could my tactical shoot over the assault into his genestealers? I thought i read somewhere that i could but they have a cover save...but im not sure and we did a quick look in the rulebook and couldnt find anything.

I do believe you are correct, unless i am mistaken as well. As long as you can draw a line of sight, and see them, then intervening models both friendly and foe alike confer a cover a save. As per pg. 21's cover chart under 4+

Yep Frosty has it right. The assaulting brawl would confer an intervening cover save to the targeted unit beyond. [p21 BRB].

Cheers

I

Yea that was kind of the debate, my friend is used to the old 3rd/4th edition where i guess you couldn't shoot through an assaulting unit, but they must have changed the rules with 5th i spose?

Yea that was kind of the debate, my friend is used to the old 3rd/4th edition where i guess you couldn't shoot through an assaulting unit, but they must have changed the rules with 5th i spose?

That is correct. This restriction changed when we went to the "True Line of Sight" mechanic.

V

Archived