A few questions

I'm new to warhammer 40k and I have a few questions about it.

1. Can I enhance my Plague Marines with Fabius Bile's "Enhances Warrior" ability?

2. I don't really get how grenades work. When do I throw them? Is it during the shooting phase? And can I shoot if I already threw grenades?

3. Someone told me to give my Chaos Sorceror (with the mark of Tzeentech) Warptime and Gift of Chaos so that I can reroll the Gift of Chaos roll for killing someone. But can't I juts cast Gift of Chaos twice in one turn and choose another power and use that when I don't need Gift of Chaos? Or can I not use Gift of Chaos twice in one turn?

4. If someone is immune to the Instant Death rule can he be killed (instantly) by Gift of Chaos and Typhus' manreaper scythe? Cause they don't mention the Instant Death rule, but it is instant death.

Thanks in advance!

2. I don't really get how grenades work. When do I throw them? Is it during the shooting phase? And can I shoot if I already threw grenades?

Assault Grenades (i.e. Frags, for Chaos Space Marines) are an upgrade that affects the Assault Phase - normally, if a model assaults and has to take a difficult terrain check while doing so, he will strike at Initiative 1. However, should the model have Assault Grenades he fights in normal Initiative order.

Defensive Grenades (like the Plague Marines have) are used when people assault you - normally the assaulters get +1 Attack in the first round, but Defensive Grenades counteract this bonus.

Krak Grenades are used exclusively for destroying buildings and vehicles - they are a STR6 weapon that can't make use of multiple attacks.

So you never actually throw grenades - their effects are mostly considered part of the overall flow of the rules.

3) You cannot use the same power twice in one turn unless it specificly says so.

4) If they are immune to instant death then they are immune to ALL forms of instant death.

More on grenades pg. 36 & pg. 63 in the rulebook.

While not super-clear, pg. 50 in the rulebook mentions "(but still cannot use the same power twice in a turn)". Can't find any other mention regarding psychic powers.

3) You cannot use the same power twice in one turn unless it specificly says so.

4) If they are immune to instant death then they are immune to ALL forms of instant death.

Gift of chaos does not cause Instant Death and gets around Eternal Warrior.

Non-shooty powers can be used more than once in a turn, according to the Chaos FAQ.

Krak Grenades are used exclusively for destroying buildings and vehicles - they are a STR6 weapon that can't make use of multiple attacks.

But when are those multiple attacks done? When I charge a vehicle?

And thanks for all the answers so far :cuss

And thanks for all the answers so far :)

Look at the bold. It doesn't get multiple attacks. Each Model armed with Krak Grenades may make one and only one attack with them in CC vs a vehicle, building or other target with an armour value. Regardless of the number of attacks the model has on profile, or any bonuses, it only makes one attack if it chooses to use Krak Grenades.

And thanks for all the answers so far :)

if you assault a vehicle your models with krak gradades can choose to:

1) make standard attack (profile attack + charge + other bonus like 2 weapons)

OR

2) make one and only one attack with a granade. if successfully the attack will be resolved at strenght 6

I'm new to warhammer 40k and I have a few questions about it.

1. Can I enhance my Plague Marines with Fabius Bile's "Enhances Warrior" ability?

3. Someone told me to give my Chaos Sorceror (with the mark of Tzeentech) Warptime and Gift of Chaos so that I can reroll the Gift of Chaos roll for killing someone. But can't I juts cast Gift of Chaos twice in one turn and choose another power and use that when I don't need Gift of Chaos? Or can I not use Gift of Chaos twice in one turn?

4. If someone is immune to the Instant Death rule can he be killed (instantly) by Gift of Chaos and Typhus' manreaper scythe? Cause they don't mention the Instant Death rule, but it is instant death.

Thanks in advance!

1. no, plauge marines are not a chaos space marine squad

2. as already stated they are never thrown, but instead suply the effectss listed in the BrB during the assault phase

3. Warp time will not let you reroll gift of chaos, as gift of chaos does not use to hit, or to wond rolls.

4. Gift of Chaos does not cause instant death, and therefor cannot be stopped in normal 40k games, the Manreaper is a force weapon (in adition to a deamon weapon) and force weapons DO cause isntant death, thus imunity from instant death can stop the manreapers power.

Archived