Shield of Sanguinis/vehichle Reborn.

Yea I thought that since the other thread was closed I would rehash it here.

Also, since we are getting into this interesting topic. Has anyone considered to just say that since there is "a physical golden barrier" that that could cover up to 50% of the vehicle?

I know it do not say that specificly, but just a thought.

So there are two sides to this arguement.

First, you get the cover save for vehicles from Shield of Sanguinius ability. Therefor, you can make a cover save roll when a vehicle who is within 6 inches of the Libby has a penetrating or glancing hit.

Seceond, that you do not get to make the cover save roll because the vehicle is not "Obscured".

I think that is both sides to the discussion. If not please post and lets hash it out in a civil manner.

I think (after slogging through the other thread) the argument is that the vehicles may gain the cover save, but at no point are they eligible to use it.

(see also: Models having BS, but no ranged weapons. They have the skill, but can't use it.)

The Rules only allow Vehicles to use a Cover save when Obscured.

(see also: Ork Kustom Force Field. Provides a Cover Save to all within 6", and also makes Vehicles Obscured)

Personally, I'm on the "YES" side, so I'll leave it to others to confirm/clarify/back up those points.

RAI-IMHO: SoS gives a save, is FAQed to give a save, i think they expect you to use it!

There doesn't seem much left to debate. From the Official Blood Angels FAQ:

Q: Do vehicles gain a cover save from Shield of

Sanguinius?

A: Yes.

FAQ is not binding while the errata is... so you may well get people argue with you... although in GW stores events this is what will be used no doubt... and generally I must say that I thought it should give everyone a save in the first place... although personally they should have said invulnerable save... which would have solved all the problems and showed it psychic nature... which means psycannons would break it... boo hoo you're in power armour anyway...

Invuln would also be proof against Heavy Flamers, Skorchas etc.

They could have worded it like Ork KFF. Straight up say "Yes, the Vehicle gets it's save! What? You think it must be Obscured? Fine, It's Obscured! Next?".

But then we'd be asking GW to run their rules past someone who actually plays the game before printing ...

Invuln would also be proof against Heavy Flamers, Skorchas etc.

They could have worded it like Ork KFF. Straight up say "Yes, the Vehicle gets it's save! What? You think it must be Obscured? Fine, It's Obscured! Next?".

But then we'd be asking GW to run their rules past someone who actually plays the game before printing ...

true but when you have a 3+ save or better (excluding scouts) it wont matter in most cases although I realised before I posted in cases such as the Collosus, flamestorm cannon and banewolf (a few others might exist) it might make a difference but in most cases it wont....

Hmm... this is a non-issue seems to me. Vehicle gets a cover save. Why would they say that if it could not use it???

*Incredulous*

Or am I missing something?

Cheers

I

The problem is that people are saying that in order to use a cover save on a vehicle it needs to be obscured. They point to the BRB in the shooting at vehicles section page 62. Vehicles and Cover- Onscured targets section.

People also say that jump infantry are a type of infantry, and point to the spot where it says "infantry" in the title.

It doesnt make them right, logical, or sensible.

You're right Jakobus.

The problem is that people are saying that in order to use a cover save on a vehicle it needs to be obscured. They point to the BRB in the shooting at vehicles section page 62. Vehicles and Cover- Onscured targets section.

Yes I get that, but the BA faq proves the exception to that vehicle cover/obscured issue, and overrides the BRB as Codexes and faqs usually do.

Cheers

I

You're right Jakobus.

Yes I get that, but the BA faq proves the exception to that vehicle cover/obscured issue, and overrides the BRB as Codexes and faqs usually do.

Cheers

I

For most yes but as the FAQ is not official as such... that is where the problem lies... but i doubt most people will cause a problem and in most cases if they do the FAQ will be enough to shush them.

Archived