UM CQB Scouts

winterdyne

great paintjob, however that fist is waaay too big for him, when straight it would be down by his ankles

And if you consider a normal scout's arm, you'll note that when they're straight their hands would be by their knees.

That's an old-school powerfist, isn't it?

my own hands rest about 4-5 inches from my knees.. but its not the point.

I do alot of conversion work with scouts and have similar problems with power fists, the only real option is not to place them at an angle where its noticeable. Use the finger pointing fist to go with the raised arm... it all helps

Yeah, it's a 2nd edition PF. As far as I can figure the elbow is in the right place. I don't assume that the marines fingers are in the fingers of the glove, though. If you consider that his actual hand is about where the scroll is on the PF, I think the scale looks about right. I did consider the pointing PF, but the cabling on it doesn't look right - it'd have been considerably more work to fix it to be wired up to the sniper rifle power pack like this one is.

Great models you have there. Nice conversion. Excellent paintjob. I salute you sir!

As to the powerfist debate...

IG powerfists or even ones cut from older metal models work as they are tad bit smaller. I took mine from the later.

Cut the powerfist from this guy:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1240800_99060101282_Col40kSMSgt1Main_873x627.jpg

And made the guy in the middle:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v665/cyberaggie/Scouts01.jpg

Yeah, it's a 2nd edition PF. As far as I can figure the elbow is in the right place. I don't assume that the marines fingers are in the fingers of the glove, though. If you consider that his actual hand is about where the scroll is on the PF, I think the scale looks about right. I did consider the pointing PF, but the cabling on it doesn't look right - it'd have been considerably more work to fix it to be wired up to the sniper rifle power pack like this one is.

If you search winterdyne's work you will see I have already commissioned a 5 man sniper team that turned out quite nice. These 5 are for the land-speeder storm he is currently working on. Hence the shotguns/powerfist. More scouts will be added later but this is a commission and is being done in stages.

Archived