'Sheathed' Chainsword Placement...

So I had the idea that one of my Assault Marines will have the "I have a grenade in my hand" arm. That then raised the question of where to put his chainsword? Surely SM's would've invented some form of sheath (I'm thinking a 'magnatised' system) for chainswords?

Anyways, here's a WiP pic of the marine and chainsword in question...I know the grip is a bit beefy. I'll fix that next time I attempt grips.

gallery_55263_5002_1024.jpg

gallery_55263_5002_84566.jpg

Thoughts? And yes I know that the chainsword being there would be a clanky annoyance when trying to run/walk/move legs.

Yours in Honour and Faith,

Chaplain Hiltraud

My years of kendo experience would like to suggest that you switch the chainsword to the other side. If you plan on wielding a blade in your right hand, you keep it on your left to make drawing it easier. Though, I suppose if it's just magnetized there it wouldn't be really be that big of a deal. The most natural movement for drawing a full length blade (or... at least with a katana, I've never payed attention to western martial arts) would be from the left side of your body into your right hand... which can be an attack all it's own :D On the other hand, as it's magnetized to your right hip you could very well simply grab the hilt and flip it into position. I just got off 3rd shift and I'll probably just ramble on from here, but my vote is to switch it to the other side.

$.02

Hahaha, I like your $.02 and yes as a fellow practioner of the martial arts (albeit the 'western' arts - I do a mix - Kendo included) I should've figured to put it on the opposite side! but this is make believe and I figured that when the marine 'draws' the weapon he will do so in a twirly flurry of pointless movements. Just to look cool. :D

id place it flat on his waist and tilt the sword down so it follows the leg a little more. Also, i love the chainsword's grip, looks perfect except it might be a little long, but i might be wrong about that...anyway, looks cool, i like it!

Magnetized combat knives (and I've had thoughts about chainswords too), is put on the marines rump part. I make both left and right handed marines though.

Guns I just magnetize to the marines legs and the same with grenades from time to time. In case you wondered.

Archived