Taking suggestions

Hey everyone.I usually paint my minis at tabletop quality - best viewed from a good 30 cm distance. ;)

This time however,I thought I would try to do some freehand since I had this big empty banner on my Ironclad.So,this is what I have managed to do so far:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/GreaterDragon/40k/ironclad2.jpg

I need to add something more to the banner.I was thinking maybe 3 symbols at the top,a hammer,a red-ish black ball for Nocturne and something else.Any ideas?

Keep in mind this is probably as far as my skills can take me atm.

PS:Yes,I know the flames are wrong but I have done a lot like this and it's too late to change them now. :)

I feel like if you attempt to put distinguishable symbols at the top, they will be too hard to read from a distance and end up looking like a mess. I wouldn't add more to it in the way of actual icons, unless you want to put maybe a roman numeral in one of the top corners. What I would do would be to paint the entire background to look like either lizard scales or burning coals. It would be easy to do, fill out all the negative space nicely, and look good from a distance and up close.

Paint all the white space on the banner with either green or black, depending on if you want scales or coals. Then, use black or orange paint (again, depending respectively) to paint lines that break up the color field, and create small scale/coal shapes. From there, if you really want, you can add small light green/gray highlights to the middle of each shape.

Simple, easy, and it won't look like poop either.

Thanks for all the replies guys.Here is what I've got so far:

gallery_6348_4945_1032857.jpg

I'm kinda worried the burning planet up there might be misunderstood for a flaming football. :P

Despite that,I am overall pleased with how it looks so far.I would be interested in any other suggestions to finish it up.I like Dexter's idea but I am afraid I will miss a stroke at some point and ruin something that looks good atm.Alternatively,I am thinking of maybe throwing some Devlan Mud wash on the flag to break up the "whiteness" a bit.Opinions on that?

Archived