Coolest undivided legion/chapter?

humør

I'd have to go with Word Bearers. Of all the legions, they're the most literal about Chaos as a religion. However, if you're looking for an Undivided legion that fields alot of Berzerkers, Black Legion is the offical 1 stop shop for troops with specific alignments in an undivided army. But really, any Undivided Legion or Renegade Chapter could field Berzerkers if they had the right lobotomists on hand.

Iron Warriors are the coolest, seige and trench warfare, grissly metal armour, ties with the dark mechanicus (who are also awesome) and of course WARNING STRIPES!! :P

and for your second question, black legion, they have everything.

Though I play Word Bearers I throw my vote to Iron Warriors as well. They have that hard grid iron feel and mentality about them. Very serious and professional while oozing that gritty, hateful, presicion that is the Iron Warriors. I'm not a fan of the trench business though...WWI should sufficiently explain that.

I would have to agree that Night Lords are pretty cool. Take Batman. Now make him a psychotic genetically engineered super-human. The Night Lords can conquer worlds without firing a single shot; people are so terrified of them that they immediately surrender rather than face the Night Lords in battle. As far as I am concerned, a legion capable of generating that much fear is awesome.

I like Iron warriors, for the same reason as SB and Zeller. My other armies are orks, ogre kingdoms amongst others, so it's good to have an army wich focuses on big and heavy shooting, although I will have a few assault squads for those brutal CCs :D

Iron Warriors. Period. It's a legion of angry IT guys that watch G4 (while hating it) and drink Dr. Pepper. They can build macrocannons. Eclipse ide makes sense to them. One day they got one too many calls about Eudora not working and just lost it. Now they wander the galaxy destroying worlds and removing malware from computers that were "only ever used for work". Iron Within Iron Without.

Night lords sounds kind of intresting, but how should I work the berzerkers I have into a NL army?

paint them up as nightlords, and treat them in points/rules sense as khorne berzerkers, you could come up with some name or background for them too , but i'll leave the fun of fluff spinning to u :(

Night lords sounds kind of intresting, but how should I work the berzerkers I have into a NL army?

The World Eatres Legion has been splintered and now remains in the form of small warbands or squads that roam the Eye of Terror and sometimes offer their services to other Warbands. The Night Lords, though not thinking highly of any form of faith, are noted in their Index Astartes article to often make use of such smaller mercenary groups of Cult units. It would be perfectly normal for them to have one or two units of World Eaters Berserkers in their warband.

not sure if this is justified by any fluff thats easy to find but i have a feeling night lords used to worship khorne, not sure when, probably many editions ago.

ill add to this post if i find evidence for that.

my point is though if thats the case then it is very easy to show khorne worship with night lords. iron warriors have also been known to use bezerkers from their own legion (read storm of iron) i beleive all other use splinters of world eaters.

other members quotes...

Plus the NightLords used to be dedicated to Khorne many moons ago :)

FYI, In the earliest fluff(Realm of Chaos Era), the Night Lords where a Khornate Legion, even though their fluff have changed alot since then, it's important not to forget their origins. .)

Archnomad from Librarium-online : "Back in the day we worshipped Khorne"

Pretty sure its rogue trader fluff that has them getting on their knees for Khorne.

It was in the RT suppliment rule book "Slaves to Darkness", there is a picture near the back where the Army lists are of Chaos Marine Shoulder guards under Khorne's symbol and the Night Lords were one of them.

Alpha Legion, Night Lords and Iron Warriors. Personally really dislike Word Bearers, and Dark Angels for some reason.

As for worrying about being able to fit taking units due to fluff, dont. Bend the fluff and make it fit. For instance my buddy has a huge, and amazingly painted IW army. He has plague, noise, zerkers and 1k sons modeled. His plagues are marines with heavy bionic replacements, his 1k sons are modeled as mindless automatons, etc. make it work for you don't limit yourself.

The iron warriors maybe amazing, but I'm throwing my vote in with the Alpha Legion.

I mean, its an entire legion of crazy philosophers who decided to turn themselves into the biggest mind game in the universe.

Second to them is definitely Iron Warriors though.

Night Lords, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Thousand Sons in that order by the way Solidus Veneris is there any way to get pics of said buddis awsome army :HQ: :P oh yeah and rain you hit the figurative nail on the head with the reason why the iron warriors went gaga mind you another reason could of been the emperor was going to put windows vista on all computers :P

Night Lords, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Thousand Sons in that order by the way Solidus Veneris is there any way to get pics of said buddis awsome army :HQ: :P oh yeah and rain you hit the figurative nail on the head with the reason why the iron warriors went gaga mind you another reason could of been the emperor was going to put windows vista on all computers :P

Wait Thousand Sons? I thought he was asking for an undivided legion/chapter.

Come to think of it, I can't think of any decently cool fallen chapters off the top of my head.

Archived