Most efective cult troop and why

Gore-Child

Well I play WE and I have a friend that plays each of the other cult armys. and thus far I have been able to handly them all except EC. I'm just wondering what other peoples expeiances are with the cult troops and who they fear the most.

I posted this here because it dosnt apply to just WE but anyone fighting chaos with any cult troop. :lol:

Well they are all good at different things. Effectiveness for points DG and WEs are better than EC and Tsons. IMO CSMs also rank up with WEs/DG.

WEs best in assault obviously.

CSMs most versatile, better survivability against low ap weapons than DG but not as good as Tsons. Tend to also be the best at short range shooting, and are second in survivability against small arms fire only to deathguard.

DG decent at short range shooting, most survivable against small arms fire.

EC good at short range shooting, and shooting before the charge, best at mid range(12-24) shooting.

Tsons great at short range shooting against marines, crappy against most other things, best survivability against low ap weapons.

That sums it up for the most part. And the above takes into account how much they all cost, which is why CSM outperform cult troops in various areas. With the exception of bezerkers they shell out the most attacks, they shell out the most bolter shells except for EC standing still(heavy), and they always bring the most wounds to the table.

I've never faced any cult troops myself, but, so far as my opponents tell me, I think Berzerkers are the most feared because they can't be ignored or circumvented. Every single game they get up in your face and are very, very hard to deal with without suffering massive losses. The other cults are easier to handle because you can keep them at arms reach and deal with accordingly.

DG are great at holding objectives, zerkers are great at assaulting ( and therefore taking objectives from an opponent) and noise marines are hoard army killers, set some noise marines on a hoard and watch the troops fall, its what i use them for.

Tsons are the only unit i havent used (yet) and they seem to be a bit strange, they have a good IS and great AP but with the range and cost they seem pointless in comparison to killier units

I would say that the two biggest problems that Thousand Sons suffer from are their lack of versatility and being stuck with Aspiring Sorcerer. Thousand Sons are really only good as rapid-fire MEQ killers; they have no special/heavy weapons and they are pretty weak in close combat. The Aspiring Sorcerer costs far too much for what he can do; an Aspiring Sorcerer with can easily end up costing about as much as a Space Marine Librarian, and is far worse at all things psychic. Thousand Sons are great in the right circumstances, but they are generally a sub-optimal choice.

The other cult troops are a much better value-for-points and tend to be more versatile. Khorne Berzerkers can kill just about anything in close combat, Plague Marines combine high durability with the same special weapons as CSMs, and Noise Marines can either sit-back-and-shoot with sonic blasters and a blastmaster or rush forward to use a doom siren and take advantage of their high initiative in close combat.

It depends on what army you have whether a certain cult concerns you.

The smartarse in me thinks Obliterator cults.. there should be a god of firepower. Lets call him Fuegrar...

But seriously..

My regular opponent plays tank heavy Ig.. Tanks (Leman Russes in this case) don't fear berzerkers, thousand sons, plagues (Feel this pie plate buddy) or NM. regular old CSM with melta guns are the nastiest to him.

I play loyalists infantry and for them Bezerkers are the worst. Turn up in a land raider get the charge, eat my squads for Khorne. 'Tis nasty.

Archived