Multi-Melta Razorbacks

Hi folks.

Recently I purchased the forgeworld multi-melta razorback turret, (mmm resin goodness) and was wondering how others handled the rules for them these days. When it was first introduced it was an option to arm the razorback with a single multi-melta, thus the model has one.

Now the most recent forgeworld rules all have the razorbacks being able to swap the twin heavy bolters for twin multi-meltas thus staying to the theme that razorbacks are armed with twin linked weapon systems.

Is it a case of just an old model not fitting the new rules or a case that the rules are wrong. If so what would you suggest?

Thanks

Previous SM codices could mount MM (single).

Current ones don't allow it.

Yep, current rules for the RB were done after this model was released.

They really do like screwing themselves over, don't they.

(The left hand of GW is unaware there IS a right hand).

If your normal opponents are fine with you using the IA rules, downloadable from FW for free, to put a MM on your Razorback then I doubt theyd have any issue with you using the official model for it.

Ive always found it interesting that the multimelta had two barrels anyways.

two comments, like it has been mentioned you have to remember when new stuff is released my gw these days they have neither tested it very well, thought it through or got any of the old codex writers to read it, also on this point forgeworld and gw dont seem to talk to each other as there are many duplicate rules in there books and the gw books, (yes i like to moan about the quality of the recent gw codex's), secondly on the topic of multi meltas and 2 barrels i also wondered why it has got them yet counts as one weapon, the ancient 2nd ed fluff was that this was to increse the power and range of the fusion reaction, lately there is no explanation, alas this and many other reasons and faults is why myself and a freind are availing to re-do several of the gw rules etc.. to make them a:work, b:be based around the actual model and c:to make them more realistic.

A Melta or Multimelta in a way is a big microwave cannon. The MM might use two different emitters requiring the double barrel look for them, while in the smaller model both emitters are housed in one barrel.

To support Grey Mage: Imperial Armor from Forge World makes the MM option a free upgrade. So, if your group allows FW, print the rules have a chat and hopefully you'll blast 'em apart with microwave goodness. <_<

Thanks everyone.

I did realise that it wasn't a codex option and should have mentioned that my playing group allow forgeworld (One opponent sometime uses a lightning flyer for fun).

So according to the latest forgeworld rules the option is to replace the twin-linked heavy bolters for twin-linked multi-melta for free.

So the question is do I play with the rules (Being twin-linked) or the model (single).

Thanks

P.S I am well aware that GW is actually ran by monkeys who have no clue about anything.

Thanks everyone.

I did realise that it wasn't a codex option and should have mentioned that my playing group allow forgeworld (One opponent sometime uses a lightning flyer for fun).

So according to the latest forgeworld rules the option is to replace the twin-linked heavy bolters for twin-linked multi-melta for free.

So the question is do I play with the rules (Being twin-linked) or the model (single).

Thanks

P.S I am well aware that GW is actually ran by monkeys who have no clue about anything.

Rules, always play by the rules.

Particularly in the OR forum.

Seriously, why shoot yourself in the foot?

oh that would be nice, i am still trying to find a way to make a vindicator more like a real siege weapon. (yes i know its off topic), back to the melta question, if you have the single gun turret from FW, then its up to you, WISIWIG would state its got to be the single one but that will depend on the other player.

oh that would be nice, i am still trying to find a way to make a vindicator more like a real siege weapon. (yes i know its off topic), back to the melta question, ...

Use the rules from cityfight.

Anyways, Id say that since hes using the official model, he should use the 'official' rules for it, wether the model is dated for its rules or not makes no nevermind.

Twin-linked equals more chance of hittng, doesnt it - not an additional shot. The MM is mounted adjacent to a whopping great big sensor array? There's your increased accuracy right there... Model is WYSIWYG, but the rule name is misleading.

Archived