is there a tactica for pure SOB armies?

chaplain belisarius

I don't honestly believe there is.

From what I know of the SOB, large parts of their play revolve around the fact that the more of them you kill off, the harder it is to kill the rest.

thats down to faith points.

the only experienced SOB players i know are armoured wing, who runs a very competative army, and of course the former member Melissa who can be found at warsear IIRC.

you should speak to these guys, they know thier stuff

From what I understand you take lots of sisters.... in rhinos... meltas and flamers up the whazoo and maybe the whirlwind like tank whose name has left me for the moment... it is badass anyway... The hardest thing about sisters is getting the equipment right when making your list so you have what you need but don't cost an arm and a leg...

Otherwise think of them as marines in many ways... but with more of you and your not as good in combat... Imagine you were playing a Rhino heavy chaos force with two special weapons in normal squads... if you think you could manage the tactics involved there you can most likely manage sisters as long as you understand how faith works :lol:

Sisters tactics tend to not be overly complicated; lists spam as many (heavy) flamers and meltas as you can, then drive up into close range and unleash hell.

By the by Helios, that tank you are thinking of is the Exorcist, and it is great. Popping off up to six S 8 AP 1 missiles a turn is nice.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an experienced Sisters player, but I have played experienced Sisters players.

Two words: Immolator spam.

Load up small squads of Sisters with twin meltaguns. Pile them into immolators. Rush the enemy. Deploy your sisters in a diamond formation (two Immolators 2" apart at the front corners) with the Sisters shooting meltaguns between the tanks. 2" apart means that you can shoot cleanly through the opening and the enemy can't assault through the gap (as they can't pass within 1" of an enemy model without assaulting it).

Sisters open armor with melta. Immolators fry whatever comes out (twin-linked heavy flamers are yay).

Rinse. Repeat.

And I do mean "spam". You need tons of Immolators for it to work. Piles of them. I've seen good ones at 1850 pack in 10 Immolators and a pair of Rhinos. Scant few armies are going to be able to shoot through 12 AV11 tanks before they're eating twin-linked S5 templates at 1850.

However, look at how many Rhino chasis-models you'll be buying. It's an expensive army. And Sisters are still metal. If you have room, add some inquisitorial storm troopers for more cheap BS4 melta.

Load up small squads of Sisters with twin meltaguns. Pile them into immolators.

This caught my eye. Since you don't play Sisters yourself you probably weren't aware, they come in squads of 10-20. The basic Sisters squad doesn't have access to Immolators as a transport option. To get Immolators, you can either take them as non-dedicated HS, or as transport for small squads of Celestians (E or HQ retinue), Dominions (FA), or Retributors (HS). The problem with spamming Immolators is that (unless a whittled-down SoB unit climbs in one mid-game), none of them transport Scoring units. So while, yes, you can technically take up to 11 in an army, it's probably not a great idea to do so.

For tactics, that article by Melissia is a great place to start. For the most part though, it's just about fitting in as many guns and as much Faith as you can, and blasting your opponent's face off. Maybe use some hit-and-run tactics with the Seraphim to tie up enemy CC units only to flit away and let your army pulverize them the next turn. But that's about as advanced as it gets.

thanks guys....i have a basic plan but would like to get some guidance from experienced SOB players. (basically i should chat to melissia, right?)

Contact armoured wing, hes far more approachable ;)

:) :) :D

thanks mate! so far my findings are;

shoot them (preferably get within flamer template/rapidfire range, use divine guidance and rhinos are very useful to get your girls within good shooting range)

avoid assault like the plague unless you are certain that you will win and its necessary!

take lots of battle sisters...in rhinos

back them up with celestians, a canoness and exorcists(exorcists are good:)

always take sister superiors (the more faith points, the more divine guidance you can use!)

thats pretty much it....any advice is greatly appreciated!

half of winning with the gals, is to know which faith point to use when..

if someones coming at yiou with alot of Power weapon attacks, youll probably want to give them inv saves, T5 chaos fellas, use the strength booster.

it sounds simple, but they are a highly valued commodity, you only get so many so you cant just waste them

Archived