Chaos demons and kill team

Jorre

Hi guys I have a game of kill team this weekend against a chaos demons player. We are trying to work out weather his demons should be deployed onto the field like everyone else or weather they deepstrike onto the table. The chaos demons codex says they always deepstrike, but the kill team rules says units that normaly deepstrike are deployed normally ?

What should we do ?

Make a judgement call.

Frankly, codex> BRB, but what you have here is an expansion... do you want to treat it as a codex or as just an adendum to the core book?

Id let them deploy normally, and then deep strike in reserves, but thats just how I see it working best.

It doesn't really bother me which way he he decides to deploy. Personnely I think demonic assault would be cooler. But I didn't want to do it the wrong way if i was missing something and there was already a ruling on these type of things

Interesting query as this would also affect drop pods in Kill team games as well.

why would you waste points on a drop pod?

Well depending on what your group allows... Go deathstorm drop pod!!! or lucius pattern with death company dread...

At the tourny I went to daemons were forced to all deepstrike on the first turn but normal units rather than KT units were used for deployment so you had to deepstrike in your little rings as normal <_< daemons won that by the way... although personally I think it was more look than anything else :D

Archived