Order of St-Gregory

tiny sam

Some time ago I decided that my old chapter, the crusader of the light, were crapy and need to be redone.

I wanted to go with a more reserched concept and decide to draw inspiration from the good old Christian Crusade. wanting my marines to look like monastic Knight I finaly found a color scheme that I think will do the job.

so I've done test minis for a new chapter color and it turn out pretty much like I want

gallery_16134_2973_1006425.jpg

Every Single marines will have at least a loin cloth

after a couple more time spent reserching in the Crusade domain, I found that my Chapter symbol was to much like the Knight Templar (exactly the same to be honnest) so I decided to use the Jerusalem Cross for their badge.

http://gbgm-umc.org/umw/bible/images/jerusalemred2.gif

Here's the Work in progress mini's for the Order of Saint Gregory.

(I know there is a lot of mold line, I juste saw them on the pictures)

Plasma Cannon guy for the first Tac squad

gallery_16134_2973_9995.jpg

gallery_16134_2973_89077.jpg

gallery_16134_2973_111815.jpg

the begening of an assault squad

gallery_16134_2973_541131.jpg

gallery_16134_2973_38377.jpg

Assault Sarg

gallery_16134_2973_24685.jpg

gallery_16134_2973_160949.jpg

Comments and Critics are always welcome, just let me know what you think!

-sam-

Excellent Mini's. I really like the silver armour youve got.

Your green stuff skills are impressive and i believe youve done very well putting the armies theme into each model.

I like the color scheme but I would recommend red bolter casings because the white blends in with the robes.

I personally like the Bolters being white. Although Lord Tharand is correct, beware an over abundance of white if your considering adding more.

I like the color scheme but I would recommend red bolter casings because the white blends in with the robes.

I'll give a try with a drak red and post it tonight.

is that a storm sheild on your sarge or just a bit of Decor?

well it's a shield... and if the codex permit it, it will be a storm one, but probably more a combat shield as it is pistol mounted. and for the bitz itself I have no clue where it's from, I found it in a bits box somewhere...

Thanks for all the good comments, it's very encouraging! Next step is get rid of all the mold line the camera reveled, put a hoody on the plasma brother. and of course aling more painted battle brother!

• 3 months later...

ok 4 month since last post...

But it gives me the times to repaint my white bolter case into red bolter case and to finish the first tactical squad (I also finished the assault squad and a dreadnought but they are not painted yet)

I also take time polishing my army concept I decided to make a space marines version of the 7th crusade (1248-1254), Saint Louis' one. I will (and have) take time to research for historical names and heraldry to fit in my army. I will use important crusader for my compagny captains and Louis IX will be promoted to living saint and chapter master.

as I am still building my painting skills I decided to begin with tactical squad. so I picted a crusader and made him sergeant veterant

here is Squad "Olivier de la Bourdonnaye". acording to wikipedia, the heraldry of the Bourdonnaye family is this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a4/Blason_famille_de_la_Bourdonnaye-Blossac-fr.svg/545px-Blason_famille_de_la_Bourdonnaye-Blossac-fr.svg.png

and here is my take

gallery_16134_2973_457291.jpg

close shot on the Fire support Combat Squad

gallery_16134_2973_264425.jpg

support key models

gallery_16134_2973_1166874.jpg

close shot on the Advance to contact Combat Squad

gallery_16134_2973_386226.jpg

and the key model

gallery_16134_2973_802528.jpg

Olivier

gallery_16134_2973_160628.jpg

like always comments and critics are welcomed and expected. just keep note that some model are paint over and the plasma cannon is my first try on glowing effects

Archived