Scratch-build psychic hood

averykess

I was fooling around with a marine shoulder pad and an exacto knife last night and decided to try to carve a psychic hood. I had heard that it is pretty easy, but I had not seen one before.

Here are my results:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4136/4798130090_cc91f1a57b_b.jpg

Once attached I will add various cables to integrate it more into the model, I think.

Looks good. Guitar wire of various gauges always works well for things like this. If you want really fine stuff for the inside of the hood, try violin strings.

Looks really nice, can we have pic to see it on a model to see how well it fits?

Here is a quick mock up with blu-tac. It fits even better around heads that do not have extra stuff on the ears.

You can also fit it onto a helmeted marine, but you'd have to cut the earpieces down and really integrate it into the helmet.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4118/4802470994_841781f95b_b.jpg

Wanted to write that about three hours ago, but somehow forgot it...

Anyway, it really looks good. But in my opinion, you should sand off the armour's trim. At least on the lower half; I think this really should improve its fitting to the neck armour.

Hey averykess its the best way to a kitbashed libby :D

Here is mine:- Linky

I used a studded pad but you can't see it from that angle, looks neat though.

Cornelias where did you get the cabling? Mine is guitar wire but yours look more 'substantial'

Hey averykess its the best way to a kitbashed libby ;)

Here is mine:- Linky

I used a studded pad but you can't see it from that angle, looks neat though.

Cornelias where did you get the cabling? Mine is guitar wire but yours look more 'substantial'

nice work on the blood angels libby, looks really sweet! :)

the cables i got from chaos combi-flamers (tank sprue) you need 4 in total, 2 for each side,normally i'd use guitar wire for stuff but i was trying to go all plastic and green stuff and was being stubborn about it heh.

OP: can't wait to see your finished conversion, i've never really been a fan of any of the metal libbies.

Archived