Pirates

So my next undertaking (I know I know you guys are probably getting tired of me :) ) is to make a pirate themed warband of some sort. I'm not a big fan of the Red Corsairs I mean they are cool in their own way but they aren't what I'm looking for. What I neep help with is some inspiration and ideas on differant directions I could take them. I'm not too picky on which god (if they worship one). I have had a few ideas that I would be enterested in getting some general feedback on but if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Nurgle: Based off of a image I saw of a Plague Marine on Deviantart. At first glance the marine looked like he was covered in barnacles and oceanic parasites but looking closer I saw that they where actually slugs and boils. None the less it gave me an idea of a warband who worships nurgle but for some reason was trapped under water for an extended period of time so they are covered in barnacles and parasites and sea weed.

Tzeentch: Warband that uses magic to create portals so they appear taking ships and enemies by surprise only to dissappear when chased.

Slannesh: Now Slannesh is my least favorite god. In fact I don't like anything about him/her/it what so ever but after reading the White Scars section of the Dornian Heresy I was a little inspired by the idea of pillaging and such so that would be the direction they take.

Khorne: No clue

Undivided: This is the easiest as you just have to use the basis set down by GW for renegades. Chapter goes renegade, chapter becomes corsairs.

Undead: I kind of like the idea of having a warband of undead pirates. Maybe a chapter or warband was cursed in the warp or something?

You could make Slaanesh something like Davy Jones, all octupus tentacles or something.

Khorne would be: Kill, Main, Pillage! - Blood for the Bloodgod and the gold for me. bunny ears with a pirate's head on, now that would be epic xD

They would be the entry team, the ones that swing feet first from their ship onto the other ship.

Tzeentch, I myself would put them more in the water-control department instead of portals, they can call on the water to make huge waves and crash down on enemy ships.

Love the Nurgle idea.

Demand pictures of the WIP !

Tzeentch, I myself would put them more in the water-control department instead of portals, they can call on the water to make huge waves and crash down on enemy ships.

Just one problem with that. These aren't old school Terran pirates attacking on the high seas. They are space pirates, last time I checked there aren't oceans to make waves in space :P

Demand pictures of the WIP !

This isn't for an actual army it is just going to be a DIY BUT I do plan on creating one model to represent each of my DIY projects so once an idea is settled on and the warband created there will be a model to represent them :lol:

Chop chop, here be inspiration: Arrrr!

:lol: those are AWESOME!!!! That is deffinitly inspiring thought I don't think I'll go quiet as far as he did with the whole octapus thing. But it has given me 2 ideas, 1 maybe a name having to do with a kraken? and 2 to look into the Dark Elf Corsair bits if I don't go with one of the extreme ideas (nurgle). Thank you brother that made my day ;)

I really like the Nurgle idea. I can imagine them looking like Davy Jones's crew in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Eh something like that except I have no entintion of doing tentacle beards and eel heads and such, I'm kind of inspired (morbidly enough) by dead bodies that have been thrown into a river? They bloat and expand and are eatin away at.

I'll try and find the picture that inspired the Nurgle idea.

Maybe something like the Night Lords in the book Soul Hunter? A warband that is short on resources so they constantly steal because of their lack of infrastructure. I mean plus Night Lords aren't all corrupted by the Ruinous ones except for a few. And you don't need to put the stupid Bat wing helmets.

you could always make them the geoffrey rush pirates from pirates of the carribean ie undead guys

I always thought that would be a good cursed slanesh sm as in the film they are cursed with having no ability for sensations which would be a good curse for slaneesh followers.

Undead: I kind of like the idea of having a warband of undead pirates. Maybe a chapter or warband was cursed in the warp or something?

you could always make them the geoffrey rush pirates from pirates of the carribean ie undead guys

I always thought that would be a good cursed slanesh sm as in the film they are cursed with having no ability for sensations which would be a good curse for slaneesh followers.

Already beat ya to it on the dead pirates :D but the slaanesh bit is a good idea. Just have to think of how it could be done to where it's not completly ripping off PoTC

lower page 2 and on page 3 of my topic there was a whole discussion on pirate marines after a misspell of "practical"

Ah well sorry but I actually had the idea after playing Pirates of the Crimson Coast with a freind :)

Just one problem with that. These aren't old school Terran pirates attacking on the high seas. They are space pirates, last time I checked there aren't oceans to make waves in space :huh:

Change waves to warp... there is a bit in The Thousand sons book for the Horus Heresey where Magnus (and I think Ahriman is with him) pass through the gellarfield of a ship during warp transit using their aether bodies, now obviously magnus is more powerful than most but that got me thinking he could probably rip a whole in a ships gellarfield leaving it exposed to the warp and the predators that dwell within.

So imagine a Tzeentch pirate fleet (most likely small) that lurks near major shipping lanes (which still exist as some places are easier to travel in warp space than others) and strip or break the gellarfield of ships as they go by causing all sorts of havoc and likely causing them to drop out of warp space... whille they are all busy trying to sort out daemons the warband jumps on them... doing something like this a small warband could even threaten large Imperial Navy vessels.

Archived