Iron Warrior Dreadnought / Daemon Prince

Dr Duck

Found this model in a my box of old miniatures the other day and thought i'd have a go at stripping him for my 40K force. Wasn't sure what to deploy him as but after some thought figured he'd make a nice Dreadnought (with 2 CC weps) or Daemon Prince for my small Iron Warrior contingent

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1184311_99111399033_INQKriegerMain_445x319.jpg

OBV that's the GW painted version, Hope to get a picture of mine up up once he's done.

Anyone else found other Inquisitor models that work well in 40K?

It's a nice mini, not seen that one before actually. If it's an Iron Warrior DP, though, I'd probably try and add some more 'power armour' like detail to it, particularly the legs? Top half would be perfect though!

That would work in both instances as played as a dreadnought those trousers supposedly give him a dreadnought level AV!?

The only problem is my modelling skill, or lack there off. Kit bashes i'm all over but my sculpting ability with green stuff resembles something an 8 year old brings back from art class!

That would work in both instances as played as a dreadnought those trousers supposedly give him a dreadnought level AV!?

The only problem is my modelling skill, or lack there off. Kit bashes i'm all over but my sculpting ability with green stuff resembles something an 8 year old brings back from art class!

Um, wait for the new plastic Daemon Prince kit to come out then? You might be able to kitbash this just with the spare parts, considering how much apparently will come in the box.

I agree, hold off the two or three weeks till the new DP is out then go to town on this big boy. The character's name by the way is Krash Kreiger Thrax, he's a chrono-gladiator or combat servitor in Inquisitor. I've seen the arms used on dreads before and they go great, havn't seen him used as a DP tho so that could be interesting.

If you're looking for other =I= modles to use, try the arco-flagellants Damien and Simian as they are smaller versions of Krash with a more streamlined loo to them. Also the Chaos Magus or Cultist and Mutant kits offer a heap of large-scale parts that acould be used for DPs. If you want something more ornate (maybe for a future project) you can't go past Witch Hunter Tyrus, he's got a suit of ornate gothic power armour that goes great for Tzeentch/Slanneesh DPs and the shoulder guards look really cool on dreads.

Personally I don't like the new plastic Daemon Prince. I don't think it would suit your purposes well either, as the legs are bare, and only have small plates available to armor the upper thighs. If you are going to use those arms on your DP, I should think the rest of him should be similarly armored. I think those arms would look fantastic if you put them on the Soul Grinder, however. That would make a very twisted Daemon Prince.

I'm more likely to deploy him as a dreadnought in all honesty, though as i mentioned armour wise he could still do with something.

I was pleased to see that he ven has a gun and flamer already modeled onto the claws... its almost as if they knew!

Archived