Abaddon the Big Bad Despoiler

Komrad

He's big, he's bad, he's the Despoiler! Responsible for 13 Black Crusades and bad hair fashion, Ezekyle Abaddon is a true Warmaster of Chaos.

All fear him as he is kit-bashed by the Chaos Gods to look even more menacing. Crunching an Ultramarine (yes Ultramarine) beneath his heels as the Warmaster poses for all to see.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/530/img2825.jpg

Lovely, but is there any way you could make the marine look more dead? At the moment he looks as though he's just sort of going, "Oof, get off me, and wipe your damn shoes! They're filthy!"

Mildly inconvenienced rather than dead, in fact.

Otherwise, Abaddon looks as imposing as ever. Nice angry face, too. That's the Termie Lord face, innit?

Od.

Lovely, but is there any way you could make the marine look more dead? At the moment he looks as though he's just sort of going, "Oof, get off me, and wipe your damn shoes! They're filthy!"

Mildly inconvenienced rather than dead, in fact.

Od.

I don't think the marine is supposed to be dead yet. Abbadon looks to me like he is finishing off the marine by snapping his neck.

It's a good conversion. Though I think the proportions are a bit off. It looks to me like the waist area is too long. I hope you don't mind, but I made a quick cut and paste version of your photo to show you what I mean. Here.

The foot on the SM helmet works, but it looks like he is balancing on the marines knee with the other at the moment. It's obviously an early WIP, so that might change, just something I thought worth pointing out.

The choice of parts is good, I especially like the face. And he is still instantly recognizable as Abbadon.

on the ultramarine underfoot, I think the pose of him is fantastic, looks like he's desperately trying to get up (while of course maintaining his dignity and honor, which I can see whether intentionally or not for some unknown reason in the pose), but agreed in that he looks like he's pulling a balancing act on the left foot. And i would reccommend making sure the models boot soles are scored as the original model you can't see the soles of the feet, so hadn't been models accordingly. Nevertheless, excellent work

on the ultramarine underfoot, I think the pose of him is fantastic, looks like he's desperately trying to get up (while of course maintaining his dignity and honor, which I can see whether intentionally or not for some unknown reason in the pose), but agreed in that he looks like he's pulling a balancing act on the left foot. And i would reccommend making sure the models boot soles are scored as the original model you can't see the soles of the feet, so hadn't been models accordingly. Nevertheless, excellent work

++ EDIT ++

Wow, sometimes having slow internet can really mess with posts...

I Like it, I think the Ultramarines could look more effective if you were to remove the backpack though! Granted this makes for an incomplete miniature but as he lies down he'll be, a - more dead and b - be easier to pose effectively!

Good work!

Ok recieved massive dislike for the marine being stomped. So here's something else.

Abaddon stepping on an statue of an angelic face. Got this nice conversion kit fro Scibor's Miniatures.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5464/img2826.jpg

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7661/img2827f.jpg

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1968/img2828.jpg

Let me know if it's suitable.

Cheers.

i'd rather see the marine, but like everyone said, more dead.

make it look like abaddon forcefully game down on his head, breaking his neck and smashing his face plate.

it shouldn't be too hard to do, just a few slices in the marines neck, then bend it back, figure out the new weight distribution...

the statue looks really cool too though, so either way.

Amazing Model..... also best place for an Ultramrine?? A friend of mine (and mad Genius by the way) has got the LARGE forgeworld kit of Abaddon and your use of the plastic chaos termie legs suits more than original parts, more stompy than politely using as a stepping stone if you get my drift. All in all a fantastic looking miniature

I have to say I think the statue is better.... The marine makes it look like he has taken out a really good warrior.... OK thats cool. The statue makes it look like he is responsible for the destruction of entire cities and worlds. Much more Abaddon's style!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived