small Scout task force.

ac4155

Hi all,

I've been thinking about running a small self contained squad in my army which will be used for late objective grabbing, cleaning up the weaker and being a small 'distraction' to my opposition.

The plan so far is to have a squad of 10 scouts, 4 snipers, 5 bolter's and 1 HB riding in a land speeder storm w/flamer all with camo cloaks

Split the squad into two 5 man squads. the scouts with snipers (and possibly the HB) keep high ground and cover the squad with the bolters who are on the ground. The land speeder will be used to redeploy the bolter scouts fast and also provide a bit of support for them.

This also has the possibility to run Telion with the scouts who will also be used to help provide cover to the ground scouts.

These will all also be used to support the rest of the army if and when needed.

so, whats your thoughts and opinions on this?

AC

eeeeh.. not a great idea for a few reasons.

1: The LSS cannot outflank with a combat squad

2: Bolters are no good if you intend to assault with the squad, since a non-moving LSS is a bad idea run with shotguns instead.

3: Telion is great and all, but when your running a storm always put a sergeant in there, he sneaks in as hes technically a full space marine whos called a scout ;), plus he can have lots of cool goodies that Telion doesnt/cant have.

4: The shelf life of a LSS isnt good enough for it to act as a taxi after turn one, run it as an alpha strike or an outflanker with a dedicated 5 man scout unit.

I personally just use land speeders to contest objectives. This configuration is a waste of a fast attack slot as the storm has nowhere near as much offensive power as a normal speeder.

I personally just use land speeders to contest objectives. This configuration is a waste of a fast attack slot as the storm has nowhere near as much offensive power as a normal speeder.

this is wrong, a flamer speeder is the same offensively as a flamer LSS... its the best choice for challenging objectives..

the difference betwee the two is that an LSS with scouts can take an objective rather than contest it.. this could be the diffrence between drawing and winning.

I currently run a scout task force. The land speeder storm only holds 5 scouts, but is excellent for the alpha strike. I alpha without fail every match. Scout move it close enough, speed up, dump out my scouts, flame the enemy, then the scouts assault/hold the objectives. The LSS leaves them there to harass other units. Its the biggest target on the table in my opponents eyes. Instead of the plas/ML Dreadnought, or Telion, or the predator tanks. They blow it up and dance not realizing that its served its purpose.

Archived