Chaos Dreadnoughts...do they get gifts?

Agemo

Would a Chaos dread receive gifts from the Dark Gods?

After all, it is a human pilot, doing dark deeds in the name of Chaos (yeah, in a crazy bezerking sorta way, but I don't think Khorne would care). Would those gifts be manifested on the human, or his dreadnought.

And if they get gifts, could they be gifted with Daemonhood? Spawnhood?

(The idea of constantly getting new pilots for Dreads because they become spawns due to gifts seems cool to me)

I've been toying with the idea for some sort of mechanized Daemon prince (I building a Steel Brethren/Band) , or even a unique way to do a dread.

but im not sure if I could pull it off using the dread model (for a DP) without it looking to comical.

Just some food for thought, and to see if anybody has examples of this.

When I first got into Warhammer, I interpreted the dreadnought's insanity as being unable to become rewarded for their deeds, while still being forced into a life of war and suffering. I don't really believe that anymore now, though. :P

I think that gods have an inability to determine what is separate from the wielder, whether it's a weapon or vehicle. A common enough gift is a pilot to have merged with their vehicle, and something I see very often in WHFB stuff is a sword or such melding into the wielder, or maybe even a limb twisting into a weapon. Also, obliterrators. Because of these things, I don't think it's too unlikely for a gift to be applied to someone's wargear, or even the vehicle they ride in. For a normal vehicle, we used to be able to give them gifts, for something like a dreadnaught, where the rider and vehicle merge, I can see them getting even more gifts than usual.

As for insanity preventing gifts or whatever, in WHFB Khorne gifted someone with the mind of a beast, but the character still carries a lot of favour from the blood god.

Yeah, nothing is impossible with the Chaos gods' way of doing things. As an example of a dread with plenty of gifts, check out Forge World's second Death Guard dread. He's got all the standard disease one would expect of a Nurgle champion, plus a hideous daemon arm.

I know others have done warped Dreads, and even incorporated a Dread into a DP, so if you want to do that, go for it! Chaos lets you get real creative.

only at xmas...boom!boom! ;)

sadly not...you can give it daemonic possession or any other vehichle upgrades though....

Ba-dum tish!

I'd go with what Sangneur said. So long as you're kill in the name of Chaos, they'll gift you as they see appropriate.

Archived