Duma goes yella'...

KAINE-77

Morning!

One of the Chapters I've always loved the imagery for is the good old Imperial Fists, but never felt confident at painting yellow, so with a spare coulpla hours, this is what I've come up with so far:

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af317/MattCaine/SDC12377-1.jpg

Any C&C is always welcome!

Darn it, double post! Sorry guys, not sure how to delete one of them. Apologies.

Looks great so far. If you are going for a clean look you nailed it. I would personally dull it down a bit/weather the armour. They will definately stand out (in a good way) on the table top.

well i would love to see what they would lool like if you were confident about painting yellow!

recipie please?

My thoughts exactly I struggle painting yellow getting the layers correct and mine look nothing like that,

GREAT JOB !!!

Thanks for all the kind words & comments!

After biting the bullet and just having a go, pretty pleased with the result, and it was pretty easy too...

*Skull White basecoat

*Sunburst yellow all over

*Ogryn flesh wash in recesses

Still needs a lot of work, still gotta finish basecoating all the details etc, then highlighting...

I am keen to try to do battle damage on the armour, but worried it might make the mini look too busy?

But, thanks to such positive feedback, thinkin it might be the begining of a new Marine army. *Sigh* :)

really? thats it...but...that sounds easy! :)

might be able to get that imperial fist army after all...thanks mate!

Haha, yeah, that's it, no Voodoo trickery!

But think this may be the start of a little Imperial Fist strike force or something... :P

Got a little more done, still trying to figure out how to do the battle damage.

Was thinkin maybe dark Flesh, then Boltgun Metal?

Only one thing : :P :) :)

So beautiful and so "easy" to paint (as you said)....

There is a long time i want to paint an IF army but never found how to have a so wonderful yellow....

Amazing job, nothing more....

Evenin'!

Just a small update, not had much time for painting...

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af317/MattCaine/SDC12383.jpg

A little further along with blocking out colours, and have tried my hand at a little battle damage.

Only done a few spots on the leg/greaves and not too sure if its working?

C&C always welcomed. ;)

i think the yellow looks great man !

as for looking too clean, who cares! marines dont drop into battle with damage already on their armor, thats why they have tech marines. maybe he just left the drop pod or thunderhawk.

they only thing i think you could do is maybe make another wash around his belt, his hand holding his bolter and under his hip plates, where i see that there isnt much shading in the recessed areas.

Archived